[6] In A Trance.

TUGGIN' & PULLIN' ON MY LITTLE HEARTSTRINGS

: : chapter 6 : :

Song of the chapter is She Doesn't Mind by Sean Paul.

Daniel in the multimedia section yo.

--

The next morning, Ashley was nearly running towards the Spanish class when she heard someone call her name.

"Psst- Ashley!"

The brunette stopped in her tracks and looked around. She frowned on not spotting anybody who could've had anything to do. Shrugging, Ashley continued to walk towards her destination.

"Ashley!"

Once again, Ashley stopped at turned to her left. She saw a slightly open door. As curiosity took over, she slowly made her way towards the door and peered in through the crack. On not being able to spot anybody, she decided to call out to whoever it was. "Who's it?"

"Zac," the voice replied immediately. "Come on in; it's urgent."

Ashley checked the time before biting her lip; she was already running late to class. "Okay, coming," she sighed before pushing open the door and stepping into the classroom. After her eyes adjusted to the dim light, she noted that there were a few musical instruments scattered around while the others were neatly placed where they were supposed to be.

"Hey," Zac greeted with a grin as he leaned against the wall. "What's up?"

"You tell me what's up," Ashley countered in a bemused tone. "Why'd you make me come in here?"

"Just like that, I guess," he said with a shrug.

"You told me it was urgent," Ashley pointed out with an eye-roll.

"I was bored and—"

"Zac!" Ashley exclaimed with a glare. "You and I have to be in Spanish right now; remember?"

"Yeah, I know, but I haven't done my homework," Zac admitted, shuffling his feet. "Acosta will skin me alive."

"--and now you're skipping class. You know how much shit you can get into, right?"

Zac replied with a nonchalant shrug.

Ashley exhaled loudly. "I'm gonna go now; I'm late anyway."

"Don't go," Zac said suddenly.

Ashley looked at him curiously. "Why?" she asked.

"You're late anyway- you said it yourself."

"I don't know . . ." Ashley stared around the room. "I don't wanna get into trouble this early. I mean, it's hardly been two weeks."

"Trust me," Zac said as he ran a hand through his hair. "With Acosta, skipping class altogether is better than going in late."

"Is it really?"

"It is, most of the times," Zac confirmed.

Ashley thought for a moment before she spoke up. "I don't know. I think we should go to class—"

"I don't think we should," Zac interrupted.

Ashley shrugged. "I'm gonna go. See you around," she said with a small smile and a hint of finalty in her voice. She spun on a foot and was about to open the door when Zac spoke up.

"Wait up!"

Ashley turned around to look at Zac. "What happened?"

"I'm coming too," Zac said as he picked up his bag. "C'mon, let's go."