[60] Do You Hear That Love?

OMG I've come such a long way with this book, none of which would have been possible without you guys. I love each and every one of you till Saturn and back :') Thanks a lot guys.

Song of the chapter is "All About Us" by He Is We feat. Owl City

--

 "Why d'you need to do a job?" Zac nearly spat. He, as well as everybody else in the school knew that Cody was filthy rich because he threw his money like there was no tomorrow.

Cody shrugged. "Dad got to know of the way I'd been behaving in school, y'know- jerk, slacker. He got pissed and cut back hugely on my allowance. I actually get pocket money now, can you believe that?" 

Zac shrugged, not wanting to be all friendly with Cody. "Whatever."

"He also said that I've to work if I want to get my allowance back to how much it was before."

Zac didn't reply; Cody wasn't exactly his favorite person. Ashley, on the other hand was too disgusted by Cody to speak. Everything that had happened with him came rushing back to her.

"I'll wait outside," she muttered as she began to make her way back outside.

"No wait!"

It wasn't Zac who had spoken up- it was Cody. That was exactly the reason why Ashley hadn't stopped yet.

"No Ashley, seriously. Stop. I want to apologize about whatever I did."

The brunette spun around with an angry expression on her face. "Why? So that we can go back to being friends again so that you can restart your jerkish behaviour?"

Cody didn't reply. He just stared at the ground.

"You piss me off Cody, really," Ashley shouted. Thankfully for her, there was nobody there apart from the three of them. "You're an asshole."

"I know. I realized what I did wrong and now I'm a changed person. I know you won't want to even look at my face, forget about even talking to me, but I just wanted to apologize. That's it," Cody rambled.

"Whatever."

"And I'm changing schools next year," Cody admitted. "Till then, I'll keep out of your way because that's what you both want."

Zac and Ashley stared at Cody as if he'd grown an extra head.

"You are?" Zac asked finally. "Really?"

"Yeah," Cody said with a shrug.

"Amazing. Good riddance," Ashley muttered.

Not it was Ashley's turn to be stared at incredulously.

"What?" she asked irritably. She was already apprehensive about her upcoming conversation with Zac and him and Cody gaping at her didn't help her case.

"Nothing," Cody snapped back into his senses. "Can I have your order please?" he asked the duo in a professional tone.

"I'd like one scoop of mocha almond, please," Zac said politely, going back to behaving like he didn't know Cody. "And . . ." he trailed off as he turned to look at Ashley.

"— and one scoop of mint chocolate," Ashley said hurriedly. She had forgotten all about whatever had gone down between her and Cody earlier. Now, on seeing him again, she got reminded of everything that had happened and felt slightly disgusted at him in spite of knowing that he had had a change of heart and mind. She dug into her jeans pocket to pull out a dollar bill. Ashley was about to place the note on the billing counter, but was stopped by Zac.

"I'll pay," he offered. "Keep that dollar back in."

"No, I'm good," Ashley protested as she picked up her cup of ice cream.