[16] Even If The Skies Get Rough.

Tuggin' & Pullin' On My Little Heartstrings

: : chapter 16 : : 

Song of the chapter is I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz. 

--

The next morning, Zac, who was standing at his locker along with Sean, Gabriella and Ashley, frowned as a couple of girls squealed something about the homecoming dance as they walked past him, giggling.

"Homecoming? When is that? I mean," Zac paused. "Isn't it a bit too early to start talking about homecoming?" He looked at Gabriella questioningly.

"It's in about two to three weeks, probably. I don't know . . ."

"Why?" Ashley laughed. "D'you have a girl you wanna go with, in your mind?" she asked jokingly. "Is it Nicole?"

Zac looked at her blankly. "No . . ." he trailed off as he wished that he could go with Ashley.

Ashley nodded. "Okay then," she said at the same time as Sean spoke up.

"Of course he does!" Sean exclaimed.

Ashley turned to look at him, questioningly.

"There's this girl on his mind, whom he wants to go with," Sean explained.

"Really?" Ashley raised her eyebrows, looking amused. "Who is it?" she asked, turning to look at Zac.

"You," Sean replied immediately, as Gabriella giggled. "Ouch!" he exclaimed with a laugh as Zac shoved him, hard.

"Shut up," Zac muttered heatedly.

Ashley laughed. "Yeah, he's right, Sean," she chuckled. "Shut up."

"Are you Ashley O'Connor?"

The four friends turned their attention towards the intimidated, freckled, brown haired girl standing behind Ashley.

"Who're you?" Zac asked rudely.

"I'm El- Eliza," the girl stammered.

Ashley glared at Zac, asking him to shut up before she turned towards Eliza. "Yes, I am," she gently said. "Why?"

"Ms. Walker wants to meet you in her class," Eliza replied in a much relaxed tone.

"Oh, okay then," Ashley nodded briskly. "I'll be there. Thank you."

Eliza nodded rapidly. "Welcome," she mumbled before she ran away, her face red.

"I'll see you guys in a minute," Ashley said with a smile before she turned around and left.

*

"Don't make it obvious that I'm kinda into her," Zac murmured as soon as Ashley left. "Please?"

"Why?" Sean laughed. "It's fun to see you go all weird and shy. It's hilarious how you seem like you're about to pee yourself almost everytime that you're around her."

Zac frowned. "Shut up, will you?"

Gabriella spoke as Sean shook his head. "I think she's into you too. I'm not so sure, but I guess she is."

"Rea—" Zac began excitedly, but was interrupted by Haley.

"Hey, you three, morning!" Haley came up to where the trio was chatting. She frowned as she noticed something, "Where's Ashley, Zac?"

"The Art head has called her for something."

"Oh." Haley raised her eyebrows. "So, sucker- did you hug her yet?"