[11] Don't Wanna Waste Another Day.

TUGGIN' AND PULLIN' ON MY LITTLE HEARTSTRINGS

: : chapter 11 : :

Song of the chapter is What's Left Of Me by Nick Lachey.

Chapter dedicated to Hemmingstwerkit.

--

"Let's get back now, Sean," Zac suggested before catching the basket ball with a firm grip, tucking it under his arm and glancing at Sean. "I think I'm done for today."

"Are you feeling better now? I mean now that you've figured out your feelings about Ash--"

"Yeah, I am," Zac interrupted; he hadn't exactly come to terms about his feelings and didn't want to talk about them just as yet.

"So, planning on telling my girlfriend about this any time soon?" Sean pressed, a grin forming on his face. He quirked his eyebrows before continuing, "she can even tell you if Ash feels the same."

"I'll tell Gab myself, the next time I see her. Or you can tell her; either way," Zac finished with a shudder.

Sean laughed lightly in reply. "Kay, mate; if that's what you want."

"She won't spill to Ashley bout this whole issue if I tell her, will she?" Zac questioned as lines of worry began to make their presence obvious once his frown deepened.

"Hey, my girlfriend can keep secrets," Sean protested. "She won't tell a soul; that, I can assure you."

"God, I hope this doesn't complicate stuff," he said seriously.

"Don't worry mate," Sean said as he thumped Zac's shoulder. "Ash is also probably one of those girls who's fallen for the Zac Bradford charm," Sean joked. "What's the time?"

"Half past two," Zac muttered as he checked his watch. "C'mon, let's go now; I'm knackered."

Sean nodded. "Sure."

Once the two boys entered the common room, they saw their friends sitting to one corner, near the window. Zac frowned as he noticed that Ashley wasn't there.

"Hey you all. What's up?" Zac asked as he sat down in between Sean and Victoria. He sent a tiny wave in Gabriella's direction, who smiled back at him.

"Nothing, we're wasting time because we have nothing better to do," Jade laughed. "Wait, I'll get Ashley. She fell asleep on the couch while we were watching the movie, so we all decided to leave her there 'cause she looked too peaceful to disturb."

Sean laughed. "Alright then!"

Zac stayed silent. He was thinking over his recent realization. He bent forward and put his head into his hands, which were supported by his knees. He silently stayed in that position as sleep hit him.

*

"Hey Ash, wake up! C'mon!" Jade exclaimed, gently shaking her by the shoulders.

The brunette cracked her eyes opened only to be met with the sighy of Jade staring down at her, amusement written all over her face. "What?"

"Come on Ash, wake up! Movie's over!" Jade exclaimed.

"It is? So soon?" Ashley asked as a huge yawn escaped from her mouth. "Uh, never mind; I'm fine here. I'm too tired to move, so I guess I'll stay here . . ."

"No way!" Jade protested. "You've gotta come with me."

"Where to?" Ashley asked sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the sleep in them.