[59] With The Boombox Blaring.

So I just about manage to squeeze in an update before leaving. So I wo't be around for the next four days or so cause I'm going on a vacation. Somewhat. If I haven't replied to your messages yet, this is the reason:P  

Song of the chapter is "Here's To Never Growing Up" by Avril Lavigne ;) 

--

Zac slowly walked back to his room with his hands shoved into his pockets, while deep in thought. On reaching the room he shared with Sean, he swung open the door to be met by the questioning gazes of Sean and Heath.

"How'd it g—"

"Shannon guessed about Ashley and we decided to end the date," Zac interrupted. "We're on good terms of course. Ashley, on the other hand, is still on her date with that dick."

Heath snickered. "Hey, Matt's not a dick. He's a really nice guy."

"And quick too. He did something which you haven't been able to do in long," Sean added in a low mumble.

"Thanks for reminding me about that," Zac replied with a sour expression on his face. He grabbed his tracks, made his way towards the bathroom and banged the door shut while Sean and Heath just stared.

The two boys looked at each other and shrugged.

"This better blow over soon," Heath mumbled as he stood up. "I've gotta rush now- hardly spoke to Emma all day because she was busy with schoolwork and homework."

Sean laughed. "Well that tends to happen when your girlfriend's a bookworm."

"I don't mind." The blond grinned. "Just make sure Zac doesn't bash anybody's head in because he looks like he might."

Sean nodded. "Right."

***

Sunday morning breakfast was extremely awkward for the four friends. With Ashley somewhat heartbroken and  Zac extremely bemused, Sean and Gabriella were at a loss of what to do to make the atmosphere less similar to what it would be like in detention- some extremely awkward detention.

To say that the four of them were extremely relieved when Heath and Jayden joined the table would have been an understatement.

"So, what plans d'you guys have for today?" Heath asked after a few minutes of random talks came to an end. "Ash?" He looked questioningly at the brunette.

"I'm gonna hang with Matt for a while."

"You are?" Zac asked incredulously. "Why?"

"I don't have to justify anything to you," Ashley replied coldly.

Heath looked at her curiously. "No, really, why?"

"We're dating, that's why."

Zac gripped the edge of the table so hard that the skin over his knuckles paled in comparison to the rest of his tanned skin. Gritting his teeth, he avoided saying something he might regret later.

"So, I should get going now," Ashley said brightly as she stood up. "Bye. See you around later."

Sean, Gabriella and Heath murmured their goodbyes while Zac stared around stonily.

"Za —" Gabriella began, but shut up when Zac threw back his chair and stood up.

He picked up his tray. " See you later. I'll go catch up on school work." He walked away without waiting for their replies.

With a loud groan, Gabriella burried her face in Sean's chest, who simply put an arm around his girlfriend's shoulder and exchanged a knowing look with Heath.