[17] You Have Stolen My Heart.

Tuggin' & Pullin' On My Little Heartstrings

: : chapter 17 : : 

Song of the chapter is Stolen by Dashboard Confessional. 

--

Everybody's heads in the corridor snapped around to stare at Zac.

"Whoa man! Zac; calm your balls!" Sean exclaimed, surprised at Zac's sudden outburst.

"Zac!" Gabriella exclaimed angrily. "You can't just do this; you can't just shout at people in the corridors. Now, if you wanna tell us what's wrong, go ahead. If not, then just don't act so pissed, and just let us know that you don't wanna tell us. Got it?"

"I'm sorry," Zac said slowly as he suddenly looked upset. "I just kinda went crazy back then. I didn't mean to howl at you guys. It won't happen again . . ." he trailed off as he hung his head down.

Jayden chuckled. "Howl?"

"I meant—" Zac began, but was cut off by Jayden.

"Yeah man, I get it," he smiled. "It's alright. I'm gonna go now, Catch you guys later," Jayden waved. "Bye! Dan, coming?"

"Yeah," Daniel waved at the group. "See y'all later!" he exclaimed before he left along with Jayden.

"Okay," Haley gazed at Zac. "Now will you tell us why is it that you and Ashley are upset at the same time? Is it related or is it coincidence?"

Zac ran a hand through his already messed up hair. "I don't know about her," he said as he exhaled loudly.

"Okay," Sean gently encouraged. "Tell us about yourself then."

"You guys know right, that I hugged her last night?" Zac sighed. "I didn't mean to do that at the time, but I couldn't help it; she was so upset, and I didn't like seeing her that way, so I hugged her. Later on, when I remembered that you guys had given me a dare, I realized that I'd already done it; I'd already hugged my favorite girl."

"Aww, Zac," Jade cooed. "That's cute."

Zac shrugged, "Maybe. I don't know."

"But what I don't get is," Sean frowned, "what's there to be upset about?"

"I tried to talk to her in the morning," Zac replied immediately. "She didn't talk. She just pushed me aside and got into homeroom. She hasn't spoken to me ever since; and I don't know why."

"Okay," Sean bit his lip. "Weird."

"She's never like this . . ." Gabriella sighed. "I wonder what's up with her."

"Me too Gab," Zac said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Me too."

"Maybe it's because of last night's scene with David," Haley suggested helpfully.

Zac frowned. "That had gotten sorted."

"Zac," Jade began hesitantly, "this might sound weird to you, but don't you think that she might be behaving this way  because she saw you hugging me in the morning? I mean, she was fine till before then and even during breakfast."

Zac raised his eyebrows. "Why would she find that weird?" His eyes widened as he heard the warning bell ring. "Crap; the warning bell just went; I've gotta rush. I have Spanish right now, so I'll see you guys later," he spoke hurriedly over his shoulder as he quickly began to make his way down the corridor. "And you better explain this to me, Jade."

"Yeah, okay, bye," Jade replied as she waved at him. "Meet me here during lunch; I'll explain."

Zac nodded at her before hurriedly jogging away.