[57] Enough.

Song of the chapter is Bad by The Cab. I like pizzas. You like wattpad. This chapter is longer than usual. That shit was random. Okay bye now.

--

Later that day, as soon as the bell rang signalling the end of the last class for the day, Ashley rushed out of the gym in her sports gear, not bothering to wait for Gabriella. She knew that if she waited for Gabriella, Sean and Zac would come along as well.

Zac.

Only his name was enough to make her want to roll up in a ball due to discomfort. Hurrying towards Roosevelt House, Ashley's mind felt strangely blank. She couldn't understand what was wrong with her, but at that moment, she couldn't care less either. All she wanted right then was to reach her room, get into the bed, roll up into a ball and sleep.

She wasn't sure of how she got through the day, but she was glad school was done for the day.

***

"Where's Ash, Gab?" Zac questioned immediately as soon as the boys finished their chat with Coach Andrews.

"I don't know," Gabriella admitted. "She just rushed away as soon as the bell rang. I don't even know whether she bothered to change out of her gym clothes."

"I certainly don't see her anywhere, around here," Sean mumbled as he glanced around the gym.

Zac exhaled loudly. "Why's she being so .. - unreasonable?"

"Zac, I'm sure she has her reasons," Gabriella explained. "Be patient."

Sean smirked as he heard Zac mumble something that sounded a lot like 'whatever'. "Why don't you just ask her out?" he asked.

"Y'know what? I'm gonna go talk to her now, fess up and ask her out," Zac decided firmly.

Gabriella cocked her head. "Oh, so you finally grew a pair which is why you're about to do that?" she teased, making Sean chuckle.

Zac rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna go. Do I look okay?"

"Yeah, you do. Just go now," Sean said with a laugh as he lightly shoved Zac.

"What about lunch?" Gabriella questioned. "I thought you said you were starving."

"Lunch can go to hell," Zac replied over his shoulder before he began sprinting away from the couple. "She's more important. See you two later."

Zac came to a halt outside the door of the room that Ashley and Gabriella shared. He hesitated a bit, before knocking on the door. "Ash?" he called out. "Open the door . . ." he trailed off nervously as he realized what he was going to do; he was about to ask out the girl he loved.

***

Ashley lay in her bed willing sleep to come to her, but failing. Never had she felt more wide awake than she did at that moment. Shuddering as her mind went back to whatever went down between her and Zac earlier, Ashley felt like crying, for some reason.

'I'm feeling so emo and I'm not even PMSing,' she thought wryly. "What is wrong with m—" she snapped back into reality as she heard someone softly knock on the door.

"Ash? Open the door!" 

Ashley froze. It couldn't be . . .

"What happened?" she asked loudly, not moving from her bed.

"I— I need to talk to you," came the muffled reply.

Ashley squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm kinda busy and—"

"You and I, both know you're not busy, Ash," Zac interrupted. "Would it really kill you to talk to me?"

'Yes,' she thought. "I'm coming," she replied before heaving herself out of her bed. She walked towards the door sluggishly, as if trying to postpone the impending doom which came with the awkwardness of facing Zac, and that too alone. "Yeah?" she squeaked out as she cracked the door open.