[40] Cottonwood Fallin'.

Be prepared for some surprises/shocks ;) Personally, I like this chapter a lot. xx

Song of the chapter is . . . Drunk On You by Luke Bryan. 'Girl you make my speakers go boom boom!' <- best part of the song, according to me hahaha. Do give it a listen xx

--

Ashley and Zac trudged back towards the common room, exhausted. They had searched around the campus for half an hour before deciding that Sean and Gabriella would probably return on their own. They decided to get back to the Roosevelt House common room, relax till their friends return, and then pounce on them and torture them for giving their best friends a panic attack so early in the morning.

"Zac," Ashley groaned as she threw herself on one of the couches in the common room. "I promise that I'm never getting drunk again. This absolutely sucks!"

"Hangover?" Zac asked as a smile played on his lips.

"Yeah," the brunette pouted. "This feels like shit."

"You need to eat something, have another advil and sleep for a bit more," Zac explained. "You'll feel better then."

"I don't feel like moving," Ashley mumbled. "I think I'll just stay here and skip all of that . . ."

"Aw, c'mon Ash! You should eat. In fact, I'm starving too," Zac admitted as his stomach rumbled loudly.

Ashley sat up and smirked. "What was that?" she teased. "Somebody's starving . . ."

"Well, yeah," Zac replied awkwardly. "Let's go?"

"Sure."

∞∞∞

"Hey guys, can we join you?"

Ashley looked up from her plate, which was piled with pancakes and strawberry syrup, to see Jayden smiling down at Zac and her, with a shy looking girl standing next to him.

"Sure, you can, man," Zac replied before taking a huge gulp of his orange juice.

Ashley shifted into the chair next to her and dragged her tray towards herself as she made place for the shy looking, new girl to sit. "Hey, I'm Ashley," she smiled.

"Diana," the girl replied in a soft voice as she stuck her hand out towards Ashley.

"Nice meeting you."

"Yeah, you you," Diana replied before turning to look at the two boys, both of whom were interestedly looking at the girls' little exchange.

"And I'm Za—" Zac began as he retrieved his hand from under the table to extend it.

"Zac Bradford. Captain of the soccer team. The whole school knows you," Diana interrupted as she looked at more ease, than how she had been a few moments back. Chuckling at Zac's shocked expression, she extended her hand forward. "I'm Diana Stewart and I don't exactly like to be loud and make myself known all over the place, so you probably haven't heard of me."

"Oh," Zac said weakly as he shook hands with the confident girl. "Um, nice meeting you, Diana."

"Nice meeting you too, Zac," Diana replied. "Ashley, you looked amazing last night," she complimented as she turned to look at the girl next to her. "I mean, you and Zac just looked perfect together and I'm sure had we all been in our senior year, you both would've won the homecoming titles."

"Thanks," Ashley mumbled, wondering how could a new person sit in front of Zac and not feel intimidated.

"You're both dating, right?"

Ashley spat out her apple juice. "What— no," she said coughing. "We're not."

Zac swallowed roughly. How he wished they were dating, for real.