[20] Don't Wanna Fight You.

Tuggin' & Pullin' On My Little Heartstrings

: : chapter 20 : : 

Song of the chapter is Wipe Your Eyes by Maroon 5. ADAM LEVINE GOSH DANGGIT DAT VOICE.

-- 

"Is it just me, or do I sense some major chemistry between them?" Daniel asked curiously as he watched Ashley and Zac walk out of the common room, hand in hand.

"Not just you, dude," Sean murmured. "Not just you."

"All of us sense it," Gabriella squealed excitedly. "They're too cute. They would look so darn good together—"

About twenty minutes later, Sean and Gabriella strolled around the campus as they spent some quality time alone, with each other.

"Gabi, what did you girls mean when you said that Zac and Ashley were both upset because of each other during school?" Sean asked curiously. "What was that about?"

"Oh that? Lemme explain," Gabriella sighed. "It's a long story."

"Go ahead."

"Okay, so well," Gabriella cleared her throat. "Zac likes Ashley a lot; you and I, both know it."

"Yeah. I know he's crazy about her, even though he says that it's just a tiny li'l crush."

"Yeah," Gabriella agreed. "So he was upset because Ashley was ignoring him all day, plus he was freaked because he thought that she got to know that he likes her. Jade told me that during Spanish."

"How does she know what's on Zac mind?"

"She had a talk with Zac during the first lunch; she asked him to meet her, remember?"

"Oh yeah, go ahead." Sean frowned, "why would he think that Ash knows that he's got a thing for her?"

"Because they almost kissed last evening . . ." Gabriella trailed off as she recalled her reaction when Ashley told her about the almost kiss.

"They— what?" Sean sputtered. "They almost kissed? Really?"

"Yeah, they did."

"No wonder he was so happy but quiet last night," Sean sighed. "Whoa . . ."

"Yeah . . . Victoria and I had a talk with her during free hour."

"So," Sean glanced at his girlfriend. "What else did Ash say?"

"She said that Zac confused her because first they almost kissed, and then Zac totally hugged her," Gabriella explained, "and then he went around hugging other girls all day long. So she got pissed because she thought that he was playing her, as well as the rest of the girls."

"He went around hugging other girls, because he was freaked," Sean added. "Damn, these two are so complicated."

"I know," Gabriella grinned. "They're so clearly into each other."

"So, Ash likes him too?" Sean asked as a wide smile appeared on his face.

"She hasn't really said so," Gabriella admitted. "I guess she's confused about her feelings."

"Thank god that things weren't this complicated between you and I," Sean chuckled.

Gabriella turned to smile fondly at her boyfriend. "Yeah, I know."

Sean silently pulled her into a hug, as he flashed her a soft smile. "I love you, Gab."

Gabriella pulled out the hug and smiled at the boy in front of her. "I love you too, Sean."