[39] Be Your Dream.

Song of the chapter - Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. :')

--

"Aren't you tired of dancing?" Ashley asked as Zac lead her towards the other end of the hall, towards the dancefloor. "I mean, that's what you've been doing all evening, from the way you're looking," she commented.

Zac grinned at her. "You think?"

Ashley exhaled loudly. "You could've at least asked to see if I'm okay with dancing right now."

"Are you okay with dancing, Ash?" Zac asked her as he came to a stop and turned around.

"Do I have an option?" she asked jokingly.

Zac smirked. "Uh, not really."

Ashley shook her head before grabbing his right arm. "Let's go dance," she said.

She wants to touch me (Whoa-oh),
She wants to love me (Whoa-oh),
She'll never leave me (Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, oh, oh).

As she danced to the beat of one of 3oh!3's popular songs, Ashley felt like she was on cloud nine. There she was, dancing with the guy she was falling for, who also happened to be one of the hottest guys around and her best friend, at her junior homecoming; life couldn't get better for her. One song changed to another and before either of them knew it, they had been dancing with each other for about ten minutes.

Tracks like "Right Round", "Sexy Bitch" and "Boom Boom Pow" were driving the crowd crazy, and they were all dancing like they had gone insane.

"Okay, guys," the inhouse DJ spoke up as he abruptly stopped the music. "Now—"

He was cut off by the crowd booing loudly. The DJ just grinned as he waved his hands above his heads, asking the crowd to quieten down.

(A/N: play song now) 

"Dude! Party's not over yet!" a voice shouted from the crowd, and many others sent agreeing shouts.

"Party's not over yet. I stopped the music because well," the DJ smirked. "It's time for a change of mood."

"What does he mean?" Ashley asked as she glanced at Zac.

"He uh," Zac shuffled awkwardly. "He meant now it's time for slowdance . . ."

"Oh," she said softly as realization dawned in her eyes. Slow dancing with Zac again? The very thought made her weak at her knees.

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope I'll be your love
Be everything that you need

"Can I have this dance?" Zac asked softly as he held out his left hand to Ashley.

Ashley nodded, looking dazed as placed her palm in that of Zac and put her left arm on his shoulder. Zac snaked his right hand around Ashley's waist as he looked at her in the eye.

I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do
I will be strong I will be faithful
'cause I'm counting on
A new beginning
A reason for living
A deeper meaning, yeah.

I want to stand with you on
a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me.

Ashley sighed softly as she let go of Zac's hand and placed it around his torso instead.

"Hand's hurting," she explained in a whisper as she saw him glance questioningly at her.