[47] Someday.

AAAHH I just finished finished "Friendship For Dummies" and damn it's a good book. I know I read it pretty late, but oh well.. anyway, here's the next chapter of TPOMLH for you guys (as promised) five days after the last update:* Song of the chapter is "Someday" by "Flipsyde". Enjoy ;) xx

--

As soon as she stepped out into the corridor, Ashley heaved a sigh of relief as the babble of the hurrying students in the corridor hit her ears. Anything to get Nicole's bitchy, fake and extremely annoying voice out of her head.

"Let's get to homeroom now?" the brunette asked her friends as soon as she walked up to where they were standing.

"Yeah," Gabriella and Sean said at once, agreeing with Ashley before linking hands and walking off ahead, leaving Zac and Ashley alone.

Ashley rolled her eyes. That was the second time early that morning that their friends had left Zac and her alone. What were they up to?

The duo silently followed the oh-so-happy couple walking ahead of them. Zac's heart ached as slightly he realized that it was gonna take long before he and Ashley would be the way Sean and Gabriella were with each other. He was dying to call her his girlfriend, hold her, go out on dates with her and kiss her.

All that Ashley could think about right then, was her talk with Nicole which happened a few minutes earlier. Her mind felt blank; she wasn't able to think. Was Nicole the one sending her the anonymous notes? Or was it Jade? And what was Zac talking about the previous day? Did he actually like some other girl that wasn't Ashley? Of course he did; he said it himself. Without realizing it, she let out a heavy sigh.

"Is everything alright?" Zac asked immediately.

Ashley just nodded silently, missing the strange look that Zac sent her.

"Doesn't look like it . . ." he muttered.

"It is . . ." she shrugged. "Whatever."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No," she snapped. 

Zac looked taken aback. "Okay."

Ashley exhaled loudly. It wasn't Zac's fault that he didn't like her back, right? She groaned mentally as she realized that she was letting her stupid emotions take over her mind, due to which she was behaving irrationally; the irrational behaviour because of which she just snapped at Zac for no fault of his. "I'm sorry I'm behaving like such a bitch," she mumbled.

"You aren't behaving like a bitch," Zac replied immediately.

Ashley raised her eyebrows.

"Okay, maybe you are but I'm sure you have a reason for that," Zac pointed out. "Do you?"

Ashley shrugged.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked again.

"Not really. Not right now," she mumbled before walking towards her usual seat in the classroom.

***

At the end of the second hour, Zac and Heath warily walked out of the history classroom. Yet again that day, the two boys almost fell asleep in history as the professor droned on and on about the second world war.

Zac yawned widely as Heath's eyes darted around the corridor. The blond cleared his throat as his eyes settled on a far off figure- Jade.

"Mate, any idea of how's things between Ash and Jade?" Heath asked Zac. "Last what I knew, Jade had been giving Ash the cold shoulder because—"

"—because Jade is head over heels for you and she knew that you had a thing for Ash, I know," Zac sighed before eyeing Heath suspiciously. "Wait, are you over Ash or . . ."