Forever

"You don't owe me anything."— Todoroki Shoto

**warning: slight swearing, mention of suicide in this episode

**warning: slight swearing, mention of suicide in this episode. Please proceed with caution.

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

Forever

Don't let me go.

Every time I hear his name,

my heart threatens to burst from happiness.

Sometimes I want to believe

all of this is

too good to be true.

Don't let me go.

After I had talked with Shoto, Iida, and Midoriya for a while, I had learned about Iida's situation with his brother, who had been attacked by Stain. I can't even avoid the hero killer anymore— any news channel I open is filled with reports about his ideology. He sounds like someone Father would recruit, but I don't dwell on his fame for too long.

We had a good laugh over Shoto's apparent belief that he is doomed to crush any person's hand that he comes across. Because both Midoriya and Iida's hands have been injured before, Shoto believes that it has something to do with him.

"Be careful, Ikari," he said, dead serious, as I tried to hold in my laugh. "You could be next."

Nevertheless, when I return to Alessia's agency, I am filled with renewed determination. As soon as I walk into her office, a stream of words flows out of my mouth, eager to be heard.

"The power I had summoned during Manipulae's—"

She holds up a hand to silence me, her eyes bored.

"I saw replays of that on TV," she grunts, her tone unimpressed. "You've taken a step from your last stage to a higher one, a power stronger than the last. But your ability won't come in handy if you can't even control it. Training is the solution."

I agree, nodding my head enthusiastically. Nothing can stop me anymore. After I defeated Manipulae, I feel like I can best anything. We continue our training, drilling again and again.

"You've gained significant progress, child," Alessia mutters at the end of my training. I am cocky enough to ask her to repeat it again, but she gives me a dirty look. "I said nothing. You're doing terrible."

My training with Alessia for the rest of the week is not as painful as before.

Don't let me go.