Afterpart 3

"Anything for you." — Todoroki Shoto

Afterpart 3

POV— Hebinoya Ikari

Don't let me go.

I am dreaming about the bar again.

The straggle of villains.

The dead bodies.

The guilt.

Am I supposed to feel this way?

Don't let me go.

Something rumbles beneath my feet. My eyes snap open, cold sweat dripping down my face. Darkness snuffs my room as I push myself up, blankets slipping off me. The rumbling continues, and as I carefully listen to its vibrations, it falls silent.

An earthquake? Another attack?

I rub my eyes, irritated. I can't fall back asleep. It had taken me hours to fall asleep, especially with the nightmares. Now, fully awake and alert, I figure I may as well get up and sneak to the kitchen to get some tea. Whatever the rumbling is, I'm not too concerned. If it is a villain attack an alarm would have sounded ages ago.

I slip out of bed and stretch, stumbling around to find the light switch near the corner of my room. As it illuminates the cream walls of my room, I dig through a pile of clothing and find a jacket, zipping it up tight. Then, with stealthy ease, I glide out the door and down the hallways, headed to the kitchen at— I check the clock on the wall— three in the morning. Blades of air keep my footsteps muffled as I walk.

Tiny beams of moonlight shine through the windows as I move. I hold a blue mug to my chest, as if it were some fragile ceramic. Shoto had given it to me a few weeks ago. He constantly spoils me nowadays, but I never complain too much, and I always try to pay him back one way or another. At last, when the corner of the kitchen falls into sight, I slip around the sofa and then to the hot water dispenser, conveniently placed right beside the fridge. It takes me minutes for the tea to brew, and when it is finally done, I take a gratifying sip.

Boom.

Another small vibration passes through my feet. Before I can decide if it's a good decision, I head to the window, but I see nothing. Something must be wrong for a second wave to pass. I frown, senses suddenly heightened. The fridge's buzzing is too loud. Crickets chirp outside. Within a few seconds of contemplation, I disarm the alarm installed in the doors and sneak out.

A breath of fresh air hits me. I look around, scanning mechanically, taking inventory of all the dark, spiky trees and stout green bushes. It is when I turn around to survey the south side of the complex when three figures emerge from the dark. One, the large hulking frame of All Might, who, at this moment, deflates into a stick, and two unmistakeable students: Bakugou and Midoriya. Their bodies are bruised and burnt, as if they'd been in a fight. Bakugou, in the dim bathe of the moonlight, looks... defeated.

Someone like him never looks defeated. Not even when we had been in the clutches of a group of villains. I swallowed, shivering, and dismissed the nauseous memories of a dimly lit bar.

It can't be another attack.

Immediately, I know it is not a good thing if I stayed out any longer. Whatever this matter, it is nothing I should know about. Without another word, I dart back into the building, leaving the door to lock automatically when I walk in. Though I return to my room and keep silent, listening to the silent padding of feet and the click of a door, I cannot get the image of Bakugou and Midoriya out of my head.