The Girl Born With Nothing

"One day, you'll realize that your son is no longer an object or tool for you to use. Trust me— that day will come soon."-- Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

The Girl Born With Nothing

Don't let me go.

Todoroki's scar always stood out.

I don't know if it's because

it bears a same meaning as my own tattoo,

But I can tell there is a backstory behind it.

How did he even get it?

Don't let me go.

I'm not in any particular mood to talk to anyone, so I decide to take a detour and head to one of the more closed off student exits. My feet pads silently along the cold floors as I slink through the hallways, mentally preparing myself for the fight that is to come. It won't be easy.

"...then that means that you two have a connection that you can't talk about, right?"

I instantly recognize Todoroki's voice and I stop in my path, afraid that he had heard me. I debate on turning back, to leave them to their conversation, but a strange trance seems to wash over me as I strain my ears and press my body against the cold walls. He must be speaking to Midoriya.

All Might.

The thought of Midoriya having a connection to All Might never truly left my mind ever since we had talked to each other. Now is my chance to find out why, even though it may not be the most respectful. Another part of me scolds my sudden interest, but it already overpowered by my curiosity.

When I hear another pair of footsteps heading towards me, I turn my head to find Bakugou walking towards me, a permanent scowl decorated on his face.

Panic begins to rise up in me. If he sees me and draws attention, he'll know I was eavesdropping. I begin to feel myself become more and more panicky as I run scenarios through my head. What will Todoroki do when he finds out I had been eavesdropping?

I wave at him wildly with one hand, pressing a finger to my lips on the other to stop him from speaking. His eyes grow wide with anger, but when he opens his mouth to speak, his voice disappears as he catches onto Midoriya's conversation. His eyes seem to glint with interest as he steps beside me, pressing his back against the walls as well. I give him an uncertain glare, unsure if he will still give away my position or not, but my attention is sucked back to Todoroki.

Midoriya is struggling to find an answer to Todoroki's question, but he is already cut off.

"My old man's Endeavor. You know that he's been stuck at the number two level for forever."