A Declaration of War

(If you've already read this chapter, please scroll to the bottom. Thanks!)

"I will descend into such darkness that I will never see light again."-- Ikari Hebinoya

*warning: swears, mention of depression and suicide

*warning: swears, mention of depression and suicide. Please proceed with caution.

POV— Third Person

A Declaration of War

Don't let me go.

Here comes the Sports Festival.

I've been waiting years for this.

I've aimed to become first place ever since I was twelve.

But strangely, I don't feel excited.

I don't feel anything anymore.

Don't let me go.

*a conversation held outside the earshot of Hebinoya Ikari*

"Yeah, the villain attack was pretty tough. But there was this really really manly moment when Hebinoya saved Bakugou!" Kirishima says, excitedly pumping up his fists.

Kaminari shifts on the desk. "Whoa, seriously? Are you sure it was Hebinoya? Doesn't sound like her."

"Yes! One hundred percent! She summoned all this crazy power, and then she saved Bakugou just in time! It was absolutely amazing!"

"Wow, I can't believe that she actually did that. It's hard to believe." Jirou adds.

"What the hell do you mean?! I could've gotten out of that situation damn well just by myself!" Bakugou's yells fills the room as he waves his fists angrily at the rest of the students. "That damn villain scum just threw me out of the way like it was nothing!"

"But she saved you?" Ashido questions, her tone fast and excited.

"She threw me out of the damn way! There's a difference!"

"So she did save him. Wow!"

Midoriya joins in. "Guys, I know that you don't really like her 'cause her father's a villain, but she's actually p-pretty nice. I've spoken to her a few times."

"Yeah, but her tattoo's still scary." Mineta says.

"That doesn't mean anything. She's nice."

"And manly too!"

Don't let me go.

POV—Hebinoya Ikari