End

"Go rot in hell." — Hebinoya Ikari

*warning: swearing

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

End

Don't let me go.

I don't need to visit him.

Rather, I don't want to—

but the writhing thing inside me,

that has been bothering me for months,

has finally grown too strong to ignore.

Don't let me go.

I walk silently with the two guards, both clad in bulletproof apparel and shiny guns. They don't speak to me as we head down the twentieth hallway— all identical, covered in sheets of metal, and armed with cameras at every turn. Our footsteps are loud and echoey as we travel.

My palms are sweaty. I wipe them against my pants, refusing to let my nervousness show.

After what feels like forever, we finally arrive at a thick, barricaded door, equipped with all kinds of elaborate locks and bolts. The two guards take their time to pull out their ID. They record the specific time and date of the visitation, and other high-security measures. Finally, when the door opens with a hiss, I step in.

I pretend that my heart does not jump.

A glass room sits in front of me.

Father is in the middle of that room, strapped to a chair, and bound like a hog. Nearly every visible body part is covered by some kind of restraint.

He looks up when I enter, piercing me with yellow eyes. Even though he has a gag on, I can see the smirk beneath it.

"Hebinoya-san, please keep this visitation under twenty minutes," a deep voice echoes. It is coming from the ceiling. "We will be watching through the cameras, and will inform you of any suspicious activity over the intercom. Your time starts now."

The gag falls limp, revealing Father's full face, with the angry red snake tattooed across his nose. He leans forward, silent, the smile still plastered on him.

"Good to see you again, dear."

His voice makes my skin crawl.

"I can't say the same."

He blinks, cocking his head to the side, as if he expected a different answer from me. He shakes his head and sits back in his chair, relaxing. Well... as much as he can relax in his restraints.

"Why are you here?" He says, his voice now deeper than before. "Enlighten me, viper."

He spits out my name like venom, as if that title no longer holds any importance. He treats the name like a traitor.

I ignore his question.

"I hope you like your new living conditions. You'll be stuck here for a while," I say, surveying the small, cold room.

I should be getting to the point, but my words betray me. I don't know if I can get to the point— why I am here in the first place.

"The guards are treating me very well," Father says. He flashes a crazed grin to the security camera in the corner of the room. "I'm having a swell time." He eyes my body language, his eyes flashing with interest. "But, my dear, you know I don't like dallying. So let's get this over with so I can go back to my eternity of damnation, and you can get back to your dear lover."