Destroyer

"It's fine."—Hebinoya Ikari

*warning: swearing, violence, death

POV—Todoroki Shoto

Destroyer

Don't let me go.

Please.

Just let them rescue her,

let them take her so I can see her again.

I've never asked for anything else before—

just this once.

Don't let me go.

"I don't feel so..." Nichiya murmurs. I rip my attention away from Midoriya's tiny form flying through the air. She rests her back against the wall, holding her head in her hands. When I look closer, a green tint becomes evident on her face.

"Just stay here, Nichiya. You've over exerted yourself," I comfort, awkwardly patting her back. She responds with a pained groan and I look back towards the sky, still straining to see the rescue team.

My heart does somersaults as Midoriya and the rest ricochet into the sky, blasting their way through the air. A sound of whooshing wind reach my ears. Their figures turn tinier as I watch, my throat dry.

Please.

I don't know who I pray to, but there's nothing I can do to guarantee Ikari's rescue now.

Please.

The next thing I hear is another blast of loud wind, rushing in my ears, and then a blinding flash of golden light. My heart flips, again and again, as another two figures fly up, gathering speed. Even from hundreds of feet below, I feel the determination coursing through Ikari's veins as she flies, carrying Bakugou in her arms.

Closer, closer...

The wind below her seems to slow a little more as they draw closer, so close— until they are just about to reach Midoriya— until the wind settles down and she loses her momentum.

"Come on!" I shout, my throat burning, egging her on. Come on, come on, come on, just a little further—

Bakugou reaches Midoriya.

She doesn't.

"Ikari— Ikari!"

A burning in my body rises up as my surroundings change in a flash— coldness bites at my skin, threatening to sink deeper as I rise up.

She is hundreds of feet away, but I don't care.

I surge forward, upon my humongous tower of ice, towards her falling, near unconscious body as the pain in my body explodes, but I barely notice. Seconds later my entire left arm turns numb as my blood itself seems to freeze, making my head ache.