Your Power

"Sho-yo!"-- Hebinoya Ikari

*warning: slight violence, mention of abuse

POV— Hebinoya Ikari

Your Power

Don't let me go.

As hard as I try to pretend that I don't,

I miss Todoroki.

His eyes.

Everything about him.

And I hate myself for it.

Don't let me go.

It's just as I suspected.

As soon as Present Mic's screeching shout echoes through the stadium, Todoroki summons a tower of ice and slams it towards Midoriya. Seconds later, the tower is reduced to nothing but shards as Midoriya counters. A rushing current whips through the stadium. Goosebumps crawl up my arms as the wind plays with my hair. I lean forward, my mouth parted with surprise.

Unsurprisingly, Todoroki has been pushed back by the sudden blast, but he had put up a chunk of ice behind his back to prevent himself from further sliding towards the boundaries. Other than a slight shock in his eyes, he doesn't seem to injured. Midoriya, on the other hand, clutches his hand. His face is scrunched up in pain, one of his fingers swollen and purple.

Broken.

Mere seconds later, Todoroki recovers from the counter and he sends another blade of ice racing to Midoriya. Just like last time, Midoriya repels it with the same tactic. His power sends another wave of wind rippling through the crowds. I quietly praise Midoriya's mental discipline. It takes a lot to be able to stand there, knowing that you'll suffer but doing it anyway. He just broke his second finger.

And then a third.

"At this rate, all ten of his fingers will be broken halfway through the match." I mumble to myself. Is this Midoriya's strategy? To break his fingers until he finds a weakness?

Midoriya sacrifices a fourth finger. When his shock wave blasts through the stadium again, Todoroki does not recoil from the force and he sends another wave of ice towards Midoriya. He's clearly learned from the first three fingers, and now he's adapting.

Another wave of ice.

Another finger.

Midoriya dodges Todoroki's close-range attack, but Todoroki sends another one coming almost immediately after. This time, Midoriya doesn't have enough time to dodge as ice wraps itself around his leg. Clear panic splays across his face and he shifts just when the ice is about to consume him.

Seeing that Midoriya is injured, Todoroki sends another larger wave of ice to finish him off. To my surprise, Midoriya counters by sacrificing a whole arm to blast all the attacks out of the way. The breeze he produces this time is stronger than the rest and it bites my skin, blowing my bangs away from my face. I watch with rising curiosity as Todoroki's body is bashed against the wind again.