Alliance

As a little celebration for hitting the 5K mark, here's a tiny little Q&A:

Will Ikari ever get a friend aside from Todoroki?

Most certainly. Although she hasn't had much time to bond with the rest of the class, she's becoming less hostile and more welcome to friendships. I'm not going to spoil too much, but @Annoyed-san actually asked it at the perfect time. You'll see why in the coming parts and chapters. As all of you know, Ikari's experiences with friendship in middle is not the most pleasant, and she doesn't want the same to happen to her again in high school. Nevertheless, she will establish new bonds further throughout the story! Thanks for the question.(If you guys still have more questions feel free to comment, I can still answer them in the next episode.)

"Are you kidding me?"—Hebinoya Ikari

*warning: slight swears and violence

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

Alliance

Don't let me go.

I haven't gotten the girl's

voice out of my mind.

It sounds so familiar.

Like shattered glass.

I swear I've heard it before.

Don't let me go.

There are two new things I find out about Alessia as I run with her through the corridors. First, she can run extremely fast. Second, she is terrifying when she has somewhere to be. Her eyes set straight towards her goal, not an ounce of uncertainty in her strides. Her slick black hero suit seems to move like liquid as she glides along the corridors, barely making any sound.

"This is the worst time to have an attack..." She mutters, seemingly to no one. "Kozai and Megumi are currently on a mission out of town." She curses another time, this time in Italian, but she never slows her sprint as we dash out of the agency. Based off her words, there won't be as much help or backup as we need. My heart jumps, yet I'm not sure if it's from fear or excitement.

The ground rumbles, and I almost loose my footing. A shrieking sound follows soon after. We dash out of the agency, just in time to see a plume of smoke billowing up a few streets away. It only takes a mere minute for us to get to that location, and the sight ahead of me is one to behold.

In the middle of the street, the form of a man half hides in floating car parts and light poles. The objects shift strangely, twisting themselves into puzzles, rippling like the surface of a lake. Before I can take another step, the objects shift, condensing into one strange rubbery ball.