Plans

"Sho-yo! Don't be nervous around me."— Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

Plans

Don't let me go.

I can't believe me and my stupid mouth

could say such a brash thing.

Now what am I supposed to do?

Say it was all a joke?

Stupid.

Don't let me go.

"I like you too."

His eyes seem to fixate on mine like I'm the only thing in the world. He opens his mouth to say something else, but I cut him off as a roar of fear rumbles in me.

Don't sugarcoat this. If you don't like me, just tell me.

"No, you don't understand, I like you—"

"I know what it means," he says, now cutting me off. A fierce light glimmers in his eyes and he steps closer. The space between us feels like a mile. "I like you as well."

My mouth hangs open. Blood rushes to my head, my heart threatening to burst out of my chest.

"Y-you mean it?" I ask, stepping back, afraid that if I come any closer I might tell that he's lying. "It's not some cruel joke, right?" I try to get the words out, tongue tied from shock.

He nods firmly. "It took me some time to figure out."

I stand there, in the rain, the wetness suddenly swept away from the happiness blossoming in me.

He likes me!

My mouth widens into a lopsided grin. All this time, I thought he'd always reject me if I told him, but here he is, telling me he likes me as well.

I step close to him as well, suddenly able to look into his eyes. I could stare in them all day and never get bored. A galaxy hides behind them, and I want to decipher every star. Mist slightly emanates off his left side as he leans in, gazing into my eyes, and I feel the urge again.

The feeling every time I see him, especially of late, and I want to lean in close and press my lips against his.

So I do.

Simultaneously, like we both have telepathic Quirks, our heads are just about to meet—

"Ikari!"

I jerk away suddenly, my cheeks hot. I whirl around, afraid to look at Shoto, as I take large pants even though I'm not out of breath. Some part of me doesn't want to accept that we almost just kissed.