Study Groups

"Excuses, excuses."--Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

Study Groups

Don't let me go.

Before I met Shoto, I felt the world was cruel.

Sometimes I still think it is.

But somehow, someway,

when I met him,

it wasn't so bad anymore.

Don't let me go.

Azani pulls me aside when she calls us down to dinner, to which I had no idea she had decided to cook. A smell of herbs and spices tickles at my nose, my stomach grumbling. Even though I've eaten Shoto's soba, it wasn't a lot. I've developed an unhealthy habit of eating more lately because of Azani's constant pampering.

"Did I hear a lovers' quarrel back there?" She interrogates, her voice filled with intrigue. She drags her last word along slowly.

"We made up. It's alright now," I say, as Shoto walks out of the washroom. All three of us head down to the dining room, where an assortment of mouthwatering foods await. Heaping piles of steaming vegetables and raw meats sit in orderly rows on the table.

"Alessia!" I complain. "You went overboard!"

She walks out of the kitchen with a pink apron on, her face somewhat reluctant, as if Azani had forced her to cook. She holds a pot in her hands, two mittens wrapped around them.

"Do not blame me, child! It was Azani's fault!" She accuses, setting down the pot with a loud thunk and pointing a gloved finger at Azani, who is now trying to hide in a laugh. "At this rate, I'm beginning to regret marrying you! Mark my words, you witch!"

"You could've petrified me, dear wife, but you did no such thing!" Azani counters, pointing the same accusatory finger at Alessia. They engage in quick, fiery banter as Shoto and I make our way to the table.

"Sorry about them," I groan, "they don't usually act like this."

"Act like what?" They chant, turning around to stare at me with daggers.

"Uh, nothing."

With that, they continue to argue, Alessia wildly gesturing at Azani with her hands while Azani does the opposite, her hands stuck straight by her sides.

"Don't worry, they'll calm down in a few minutes," I grumble to Shoto, still embarrassed.

"I like them."

"You do?" I say in a low voice, this time so they can't hear us. Shoto nods, a wisp of a smile on his face.

"They're very kind."