50 Part Special!

Dear reader,

Dear reader,

Since I've started this story, I've received a lot of views, comments, and support on this story. I never thought I'd make it this far. I'd like to thank you for choosing this book, sticking to it, and enjoying it. More content will come soon. As of now, enjoy this beach episode one-shot... kind of?

THANKS FOR 20K!!! You don't know how much this means to me!

~~

POV— Hebinoya Ikari

*theoretically, this would probably take place in the summer, but Ikari and Shoto are not together yet*

Today is the perfect day to go to the beach. The sky is a perfect azure, wisps of white cloud streaking across it like a painting. The sea below is the same tone as the sky, but the shining water is tinted turquoise. Seagulls squawk above as waves lap against the shore. A salty breeze tickles my nose.

I stand at the edge of the sand, hands on my hips, an umbrella and two bags slung around my shoulders. Behind me, half the class is unloading more supplies and bags. The other half has already rushed towards the beach, screaming with excitement.

I help the rest of my friends set up umbrellas and beach chairs. Jirou and some other girls head off to a volleyball net.

"Hebinoya, wanna play?" Hakagure asks.

"I'll come later, you start," I call.

I help Tokoyami set our umbrella up near a shadier area— neither of us like the sun. Around me, Asui had already jumped straight into the water, her frog-like qualities benefitting her swimming skills greatly. Bakugou had just kicked over a sand castle Kirishima had been building. The rest of the boys have headed into the water, kicking around a beach ball.

I sigh, enjoying the view. I lay a towel on the ground and apply some sunscreen on my face, pulling out my camera to take a few pictures.

I catch a few snapshots of the class splashing around in the waves, but I get bored soon. As of now, the whole class is now in the water, the volleyball abandoned to the side. Even Tokoyami went in.

As I look to the sea, watching the waves move in and out, a reluctance accompanies the sweltering heat.

I learned how to swim when I was five— before I developed my Quirk. When Shojiro and I were wandering around nearby parks, I had fallen into a pond and learned how to swim the hard way. That was the last time I had to swim. In the past fifteen years of my life, I had never had any other instance where I needed to get into the water.

But now, that's changed.

The beach ball is carried away by the wind, rolling at my feet. Sero shouts at me,