Combat Training

Look up ^^^ (at the pic, duh)

"This had better be important, otherwise I'm not gonna be happy..."— Ikari Hebinoya, on the subject of whatever Kirishima, Mineta, Kaminari, and Sero is asking her about.

Credit: Shirazu Yomi

*warning: slight language, violence

POV – Hebinoya Ikari
Combat Training

Don't let me go.

Combat is the only thing I can do exceptionally well.

I don't care what kind of combat it is.

Just the thing itself is good enough for me.

When I am fighting, I am free.

And I love it, almost like I am addicted to it. Like a drug.

Don't let me go.

Other than the tiny mishap in the convenience store, our walk to school commences smoothly. People still avoid me in the hallways and I am always the conversation starter in class, but I've gotten quite used to it, just like the schools before me.

When we arrive, I pause before the door, holding a stiff hand out to stop Todoroki from walking in.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone of the incident this morning. People will probably think that I attacked that bird guy first. Of course, I don't want you to get roped in with someone as dangerous as me," I say sarcastically, mockingly pointing my thumb at my chest.

He nods. "My lips are sealed."

Todoroki and I walk to our respective seats, a few minutes early. Iida, Kaminari, Tokoyami, and a few others wave him over, frantically calling his name. I can tell Todoroki is slightly confused, but he heads towards them nonetheless. I watch with mild curiosity, but there's only seven minutes left until class officially starts. I take the time to make sure that all my pencils are sharpened.

I lean back and eavesdrop on the conversations near me. Mina, Uraraka, Hakagure, Asui, and many of the other girls are conversing beside me.

"...isn't he cute? I just can't believe his personality is so cold. I already tried to talk to him twice and he only gave me really short answers!" Mina's melodic voice reaches my ears. Who could she possibly be talking about?

There's only one boy in this room that has a cold personality, and it's Todoroki. I want to snort at her strange attraction to such an oblivious person. Sure, he's cold and whatnot, but he's also quite clueless in social queues. My interaction with him at the store proved that much. The other girls must disagree with such a ridiculous opinion.

"Ah, I know! His eyes are so beautiful! Apparently, one of the girls that went to middle school with him told me that he was the talk of the school. Every girl wanted him!"

I cannot help but chuckle, and two of the girls whip back their heads in surprise. The people who stands closer to me take a step back, and some of them even begin to quiver.

"W-what is it? Why are you laughing?" Uraraka awkwardly asks me. I only snort again, this time a little louder. I tip my chair back, facing towards them.

"Is this what you guys talk about everyday?"

"Well... I mean, we have nothing else to talk about! What better to do than to marvel at the handsome boys in our class?" Mina's voice is shaky but I pretend I don't notice it.