Privacy Matters: CORAS POV

Coras POV:

Saying I'm livid, would be the understatement of the year. I love Leo, I do, and I understand he's trying to come at this all supportively and loving but he's going about it in all the wrong ways. When Cole called me and told me Tessa ran out after Leo would all macho man in her during their game night, I was about ready to strangle that man. Luckily Tessa let me come get her.
This poor kid has been through too much. Of course I want her to be safe and healthy and happy but there's different ways to go about that.
As soon as we got in the house Leo look both guilty and angry. I was not about to let him scare her even more. She's shed enough tears for today and I won't let her cry anymore tonight. Luckily, Jaxon stepped in between Leo and Tessa and he brought her upstairs to rest. She was exhausted; Physically and mentally exhausted.

Cora: "what the hell were you thinking Leo?"

Leo: "what was I thinking Cora. I was thinking that my sister just ran away after trying to kill herself after we got into a stupid fight. I was scared out of my mind in what could've happened to her. She could've hurt herself again or something could have happened to her."

Cora: "I called and told you she was safe Leo. You're scaring her. She feels like you're locking her up like a caged animal. I agree she needs supervision and so forth but this is not the way to do it"

Lijah: "if you ever get in her face like that again Leo, I don't care if you're my oldest brother, I will throw you out of the way"

Leo: "lijah this does not concern you"

Lijah: "the hell it does. You were about to go off on her Leo! You already made her feel like nothing earlier even after we all told you it was too excessive"

Cole: "I agree Leo. We all want her safe but it's too much"

Leo: "then what the hell do you suppose I do because I will not lose her again Cole. I can't go through that."

Cole: "we have to put some trust in her Leo. She's a smart kid. She opened up to me last night. I believe she will again. Plus she let Cora know where she was."

Cora: "I think maybe Tessa should come stay with me at my place for some time. It might be good for her. I can work form home and help her with her online work until she gets back to school."

Leo: "no. Absolutely not."

Cora: "you're not listening to her Leo. She's scared. Everything that's happened to her has been caused by men. Maybe taking a break from men and being around me will benefit her. Her whole life she has felt scared and unsafe because of men"

Lijah: "Coras right. We might not be the best thing for her right now. As much as it hurts me to say this."

Leo: "she needs us"

Cora: "I'm not taking her away forever Leo. Just for a week or two. And you will still be able to see her and talk to her. But I think she needs this. I promise she will be safe with me. I wouldn't let anything happen to her. I love her as my own little sister, you know that."

Cole: "in the morning when she wakes up we will ask her if she wants to go with you. I'm sure she will but I want her to feel like she has a say in this matter and she's not being forced to stay here or go with you"

Cora: "I agree."

Leo: "fine. But you need to watch her Cora. She doesn't go out of your sight. You can't leave home alone...."

Cora: "Leo. I'm not going to put her in harms way. She will be with me in the house. If I go out then she will come with me. Plus, it'd do her some good to get out of the house."

I ended up staying over at the boys place. Leo clearly couldn't fall asleep. I know he's upset about this whole situation and feels feeling guilty.

Cora: "Leo. It's going to be okay"

Leo: "this is all my fault Cora. I forced her to run away earlier she was so upset with me"

Cora: "first. She didn't run away. She just needed to get away from everyone for a couple hours. Second. This isn't your fault. You just want to keep her safe and I understand that but you have to remember she's a 17 year older girl who's struggling. She's just trying to find herself. She needs you in her life, Leo. So you're not allowed to shut yourself out like this. She needs to know that you're okay and supportive of her staying at my place if she chooses to do so."

Leo: "I don't know what is do without Cor. I just don't want to see her suffer anymore. She deserves the world and so much more. But if this is what's best for her then I'll do it. I'll do anything for her."

We both ended up falling asleep shortly afterwards. Waking up the next morning was hard considering we both didn't get much rest. We made it down to breakfast and Tess was already sitting at the table with Jaxon rubbing circles on her back.

Cora: "good morning sweetheart"

Tessa: "morning Cora..."

Leo: "morning bambina. Can we have a quick chat please"

Tessa nodded her head and Leo and I sat across from Jaxon and Tessa. Cole and lijah joined us too.

Leo: "Tessa I'm sorry about how I reacted yesterday to everything. I agree that I went about things in the wrong way. I just want you to be and feel safe Tessa."

Tessa: "I understand Leo. I know you're word was final. I'll just do whatever you want me too. I just don't want you to be mad at me"

Leo: "no Tess. I'm not mad. At all. I'm upset with myself and how I reacted. You have everything right to have the feelings you have and to express them to us. You did exactly that and I was too stubborn to really listen to you. So that leads us to this. I have a proposition for you love. Coras offered to have you to stay with her for as much time as you'd like. Whether it's a few days. A week. Or even longer. You can relax, have some girl time and get away from all the craziness here right now."

Tessa: "you'd let me go stay with Cora?"

Cora: "we've all discussed this Tessa and we wanted to ask you if you'd like that. I'd love to have some company especially yours. But it's up to you sweetie"

Tessa: "you guys wouldn't be upset with me if I went?"

Lijah and Cole replied at the same time saying no. I was appreciative of how supportive these boys are of Tessa.

Tessa: "I'd like that very much. Only for a little bit"

Leo looked slightly disappointed but he masked that up quickly and put on a smile for his sister.

We packed up some of her things and said our goodbyes. We drive back to my apartment complex and moved her stuff into my old guest room which is now her room. I think this will be a good decision for her. I won't let anything happen to her and I'll make sure she's still seeing her therapist and getting schoolwork done.