Hospitals ⚠️

Leo's POV:
It's 7am when I finally crawl out of bed. I got absolutely no sleep last night. I don't think any of us with the exception of Tessa did. I walked into my bathroom and showered and got ready for the morning. I head downstairs where I see my three younger brothers sitting around the kitchen island.

"Good morning boys". I state and they all look up at me. Cole ya stuffy and red eyes still. Lijah has bags under his eyes and I notice his fists are bruised with some dried blood. He has a temper and after last night I'm sure he gave his punching bag one he'll of fight. Jaxon gave me a sad smile. He looked miserable. We all did to be honest.
I grab my coffee and lean against the countertop when Cole speaks up.

Cole: "we need to take her to the hospital to be checked".
Leo: "I agree. One or two of us can take her after she wakes up".
Cole: "the way she's been limping and in pain, I'm concerned for broken bones or internal injuries. We should've taken her last night when we discovered the truth".
Then of all my brothers, unexpectedly Lijah spoke up.
Lijah: "I will go with whoever is taking her. You can't stop me".
Cole: "that is fine. As long as you don't lose your cool as you did last night. No yelling. Period. You will be on your best behavior. The last thing we need is to scare Tessa even more then she already is".
Leo: "so Lijah and I will take her. Cole and Jaxon I need you both to clean up the guest room downstairs here next to my room. Tessa will stay there until the stairs become an easier task for her.

Both of my brothers nodded in understanding. I hear light footsteps coming down the hallway and in walks our sorellina. She's pale. Skinny;too skinny. And she didn't put make up on this morning at Cole's request so we could see how bad the bruising is on her delicate face.

"Good morning bambina. Cole made you some breakfast. Take a seat".

Tessa's POV:
"Good morning. Thank you. You didn't have to make me breakfast Cole".
Cole: "yes. I did. Now eat up. Leo and Lijah are going to take you to the hospital this morning for a check up".

My face paled even more at his words. HOSPITAL?? No. I can't go there. I'll be in so much trouble. If Bobby finds out, I'll be done for.
"No. Please. No hospitals. I can't go". I beg looking at Cole and Leo who are both leaning against the counter across form the island front of me.
Leo: "I'm sorry bambina but we need a doctor to check over you and make sure your healing and to make sure there's nothing we are over looking. We want you healthy. The doctor you'll be seeing is a close family friend of ours. She will take very good care of you and myself and lijah will be with you the whole time. It won't take long at all".
I nodded my head because I knew after Leo's speech there was no way I was going to get my way.

I was able to eat about four bites of my scrambled eggs and half a slice of toast before my stomach was full. That's what happens when I rarely ever got to eat. Luckily none of my brothers commented on how little I ate.
Cole carries me again upstairs and helped me change into more comfortable clothes. He brought me back downstairs and helped me get into the car where Leo and Lijah we're patiently waiting for me. Cole kisses my head and said he would be here when we get back.

We drove about half an hour until we finally arrived at the hospital. I was taken back when lijah came up from behind me and picked some up bridal style.
Lijah: "wrap your arms around my neck Tessa, I've got you".
I was very surprised because she always acts so angry around me. But I must admit, I felt very safe in his arms. He held onto my tight but gently at the same time. We followed Leo in through the front doors and down a few different hallways until we arrived in front of the room we were told to wait in.

After a few minutes, a beautiful lady walked in. Leo and her spoke briefly and then she came over to me.
Lina: "hello Tessa, my name is Dr. Lina Mand. I've known your family for many years. I'm very happy to see you back in their care. I'm however very sorry for what you've had to go though to get back to them. I'm going to start by asking you some questions then we will do a physical exam, some X-rays and lab-work. Is this okay with you?"
She was very kind and gentle. She talked to me softly and spoke her words holding nothing but the truth in her eyes. I spoke up and said it was okay. She ha dashed me about the type of abuse that happened with Bobby and I told her everything I told my brothers last night. After that she helped me change into a hospital gown. I started to get nervous and Lijah must've noticed because he came over and held my left hand while running circles on my shoulder.
Lina: "you have some dark bruising on your abdomen that concerns me. I'm suspecting possible broken ribs. At least two or three but we won't know for sure until after the X-rays are complete. The bruising on your arms and shins should heal shortly. I'm giving you some cream to take home that will helping with the healing of the wounds on your backside. They will scar but I will also give you another cream to use that will help fade those scars. Because sexual abuse was mentioned, I have to do a quick pelvic exam. I'm just going to externally feel around the area and take a look Tessa".
I knew she would figure it out as soon as she looked down there. When she stood back up and gave me a sad look, I knew she knew. But she didn't say anything which surprised me. She looked at Leo and Lijah and asked them to please step out of the room while she helped me up and took my to X-ray. Both brothers but especially Lijah was hesitant to let go of my hand.
"I'll be okay Lijah. I'm not going anywhere". I softly spoke to him. He smiled down at me and made his way out the door with Leo.

Lina: "Tessa. Sweetie. When was the last time your stepfather hurt you down there"?
Tessa: tears started to pool in my eyes. "He did two days ago after he hit me with his belt".
Lina: "when did he start raping you sweetie"?
Tessa: "when I turned 16. That was the first time. Now he does it once every one or two weeks or when he feels like it"
Lina: "I can tell you resist and fight due to tissue scarring you have. You are such a strong girl for going through this. I'm going to give you the day after pill to prevent any unwanted pregnancy if you are okay with that? You have a significant amount of trauma down there that I'll be able to view more after you X-rays".
Tessa: "yes I'm okay with taking that".

Dr. Lina gave me the day after pill and then led me to X-ray and to have my blood drawn. We came back shortly after leaving and my brothers were in the room.

Lina: "okay Tessa, as I assumed, you have two broken ribs on your right side. They will be painful for the next week or so but will heal. You also have a fracture in your tailbone. It looks like it was from being hit there many times. That will also heal in about 7-14 days. The injury that showed up on your X-rays that I'm most concerned about is that your pelvic is dislocated. It's dislocated in a position where we can't simple fix it by relocating it. We will have to perform a minor surgery on it. We have time to do that today as long as your brother Leo is agreeable to that"?
Leo: "how the hell is her pelvic that badly dislocated Lina? What could cause that?"
Lina looked over at me, her eyes asking for permission to inform them about the rape. I nodded my head then turned away from my brothers. I can't see the look of disgust on their face when she tells them.
Lina: "it seems as though Tessa's stepfather raped her and not just once but many occasions over the past year. Most recently two days ago before you found her".

I hear gasps. Lijah comes over to my side and kisses my forehead before storming out of the room and out of the hospital.
Leo has his head in his hands and I have tears falling down my cheeks.

Lina states she needs to get me to surgery to correct my pelvic and starts to rolls me away with three other nurses. I call out to Leo.....