Too early?

Tessa's POV:

Liam, Amy and William spent the whole evening and even slept over. Over course Jaxon and lijah were there to "supervise" this sleepover since the boys were here.

This is the happiest I have felt in weeks since dating that jerk Damien . I have felt safe and happy. Leo and Cole told me that Damien was arrested after we pressed charges. I'm not in anymore pain. All my injuries are healed. Leo informed me I could go back to school next week and I can't wait! Of course it's not my favorite place but I can't wait to be able to spend time with my friends! However, Leo also informed me that I would have to testify against Damien in court if I want him to go to jail. I honestly don't know if I truly wanted that for him. I mean, I'm angry at him. He hurt me in ways I never thought someone could. My stepfather hurt me but Damien absolutely destroyed my confidence. He broke me down piece by piece. It was so easy for him to do because I was already broken from my stepfather, Bobby. Damien used my weakness against me and I let him. I know that this was not my fault. I didn't deserve what he did to me. He manipulated and controlled some. He psychologically ruined my mental state. I wanted to feel loved so badly because I never had before in my past life, that I so easily believed every lie he told me and succumbed to every thing he told me to do. All because I wanted his love. But that's just it. He didn't love me. And now I know that.

I want him to experience pain also but I don't want to cause someone else's pain. I don't want to ruin someone else's life because then that would make me just like Bobby and Damien. At least that's what I think anyways. I don't know anymore. I need to talk to my therapist more about this. I wish more then anything that I could talk to my brothers or Cora about this all but every time I bring it up they look at my with worry, guilt and pity. They look at me and see someone who is weak. I don't want to burden them more then I already am.

Leo's POV:

I walk by Tessa's room and hear he mumbling. She's been doing that a lot lately. Sitting at her window and talking quietly to herself. I hear her say "Damien", "burden", "brothers".... Shes been shut off a little lately and all of our brothers and myself and Cora have been trying to give her more space to heal from everything that has happened to her lately. I don't want her to feel any added pressure. I know she's stressed out and scared about having to testify against Bobby. I want that jerk to rot in hell for all I care but Tessa and her health and state of mind, mean more to me then what happens to that dirt bag. She's seeing her therapist tomorrow so she can discuss this more with her. I truly hope that she can help Tessa allow herself to open up more to us.

I gently knock on her door and wait until she says I can come in. I walk in and she comes over to me immediately and wraps her arms around my waist.

Tessa's POV:
Leo gives the best hugs. I feel safe and protected in his arms. It instantly warms me up. We both stand there for a minute before I finally pull away from him. He smiles down at me and lets me know dinner is ready. I follow him downstairs and we eat as a family. Jaxon talking about football and how he really likes his travel team so far. Lijah is on his phone texting a girl he recently met. I've never seen him so engaged with another girl before so it's truly shocking that he's this interested. He deserves to be happy and to find someone though. I hope she treats him with resect and love. He deserves that and more. Cole and leo are chatting about Leo's job. I'm just quietly eating and taking in all of their conversations. This had also been a new normal. I don't talk much at dinner. I don't know what to say.

I finish and head upstairs to bed early.

I wake up and decide to FaceTime Amy. She picks up almost immediately. She tells me about Liam and how he asked her to the winter formal dance. She asks me to go shopping with her for a new dress for it. We both miss each-other even though we saw each-other this past weekend.

Amy: "are you excited to come back to school on Monday? I've missed having my bestie here. Liam and William are so annoying at lunch."

Tessa: "I'm actually excited but also a little anxious."

Amy: "babe. Why? What's going on in that head of yours. Talk to me. You know I may not understand but I won't judge you".

Tessa: "I'm nervous about people's reactions to me being back. I mean I got their starting quarterback kicked off the team and out of the school. I'm scared of the rumors and how people will see me. I just don't want to be the center of attention whether it's good or bad".

Amy: "I'll kick their ass if anyone gives you a hard time. Plus you have me, Liam, William, and Jaxon. Plus most of the other guys in the football team know the truth and are on your side. I'll be there with you no matter what."

Tessa: "I don't know what I'd do without you any. Thank you for forcing yourself into my life. I can't wait to see you there soon!"

Amy: "we all miss you. William especially". (She wiggles her eyebrows).

Tessa: "ha. Ha. Very funny. We all know I'm not ready for another relationship. Especially after Damien. I care deeply for William but I just want to be friends right now and if something more comes from that then that's okay. But I need time and lots of it. I just have too much on my plate right now".

Amy: " I understand completely. Take your time. Don't rush anything. And don't hesitate to ask for help either Tessa. There's no shame in that).

Tessa: "thanks girlie. I gotta go but I'll see you in a few days! Love you! Bye girl".

Amy: "love you too. Bye bestie!"