What Happens Now?

Tessa's POV:
Last thing I remember is being in pain. So much pain. I vaguely remember my brothers taking me to the hospital, I remember calling out to Leo wanting the slightest bit of comfort he could offer me, I remember shutting my eyes and being in darkness.

Darkness....

I'm used to being the dark. I've become numb to it. It doesn't scare me anymore. When I lived with Bobby, the darkness was my friend because it meant I was asleep or passed out and I wasn't feeling pain.

I hear a faint beeping and slowly start to flutter my eyelids until they open.

I notice a dip in the end of my bed and a hand holding onto my left arm. I look and see my brothers asleep in two chairs, one on the end of the bed and Leo is asleep slouched against the wall sitting on the floor by the door to my hospital room.

I was confused why they were all here. Then I remembered everything. I wasn't sure how to feel. I feel more numb because the reality is is that my stepfather beat and raped me. They had to do surgery to correct one of my many injuries. I don't know how to feel anymore. Broken? Abused? Depressed? Numb?

As my thoughts are racing through my head, I have the sudden urge to have to use the restroom. I'm in a lot of pain and hooked up to an IV. I try to get up but I have shooting pains all up and down my legs and back. I cry out.

As soon as I welp from pain, all four of my brothers jerk up from their sleeping positions and look at me with scared expressions.

Cole: "bambina, you awake!"
Jaxon: "Tess what's wrong? Are you in pain?"
Leo: "NURSE!"

All my brothers are rambling on loudly or asking me questions, Leo's yelling for a nurse. I start feeling overwhelmed and Lijah takes notice.

Lijah: "EVERYONE QUIET! You're overwhelming her. Hey Tessa. What's wrong?"

I whisper almost under my breath but it was loud enough for Lijah to hear me.
"I tried to get up to go to the bathroom and it hurts really bad"
Lijah nodded his head and grabbed my hand gently giving it a firm but comforting squeeze.
Lijah: "the nurse will help you use the restroom and change you".

All of my brothers step out while my nurse helps me and then changes me into comfy clothes. She gave me more pain meds and placed me into a wheelchair.
I come out of the bathroom and all my brothers come back into the room with Dr. Lina.

Lina: "Good morning Tessa. Glad to see you're awake and alert. I'm sorry you woke up in some pain. That pain will go away over time. I'm the meantime I've prescribed you painkillers and the creams to help you heal. Leo has them. You are all set to head home. If the pain because too unbearable, any significant bleeding occurs or something doesn't feel right, being her back immediately boys".

Leo: "thank you Lina. Let's get you home sorellina".

With that my brothers walked me out to the car and we drove home.

Surprisingly Lijah took charge and he pushed the wheelchair into the house and rolled me to the guest room on the first floor next to Leo's room. They made it a temporary bedroom for me and put all my things in it and decorated it. They even put in a new TV and a gaming system! I felt extremely grateful but they didn't have to do so much for me. I didn't do anything to deserve such extravagant gifts.

Leo: "Lijah can you please bring Tessa I'm here. Cora is here!"

I speak up and ask who Cora is. Confusion spreads across my face and lijah can't help but people tout a small giggle.

Lijah: "Cora is Leo's long time girlfriend. She's usually here all the time but wanted to give you space to become comfortable here before she came over more. She's really excited to meet you. She's always known about you. Leo told her for my the very start that we had a baby sister".

I couldn't believe my ears. We get to the kitchen and the most beautiful girl is there. She has waist length brown hair that's slightly wavy and very lush. She has he whitest teeth and a very sweet smile. She has very cool tattoos I notice which makes sense because all my brothers have them too. She stands about five feet and eight inches tall. She turns around and smiles brightly at me.

Cora's POV:
When Leo asked me if I'd be willing to move in and help take care of Tessa, I didn't hesitate with saying yes. She's Leo's baby sister. That makes her my baby sister. The boys haven't shut up about her since she arrived and it's only been four almost five days. She's a gorgeous young lady and I was mortified to hear what happened to her. Leo took it very hard. I absolutely hated seeing my love cry his eyes out to the point he cried so hard he fell asleep. He loves his sister and his brothers more then they will ever know. He's a tough ass on them but he would do and give anything to those guys.

When Tessa came into the room, I couldn't have smiled wider. I went right over to her and gave her a soft hug. I was surprised when I felt arms wrap around my waist. She hugged me back!

Cora: "hi Tessa. I'm Cora. Leo's girlfriend. I'm so happy to finally meet you and have a sister myself".

Tessa spoke up. "It's nice to meet you to. You give really good hugs"

Cora: "I know I do. It's the only reason these brothers of yours keep me around"

They all give off a small laugh and smile. I asked Tessa if I could help her wash off and change. She agreed. I haloed bath her, changed her into comfy pj pants and one of Jaxon's hoodies and then we laid on her bed and played Mario kart for a couple hours.

Leo's POV:
I was absolutely stunned by Tessa's reaction to Cora. But then again, Cora has this motherly touch to her. She's loved Tessa since I told her about her. Without even meeting her too. I don't know how I got so lucky with her.

They've been in Tessa's new room for a couple hours playing games and laughing. It sounds amazing to hear both of their beautiful laughter. I can't help but fight the giant smile plastered on my face.

I help Cole make dinner and we bring it into the girls. We all eat and then I kiss Tessa and Cora goodnight. Apparently Tessa begged Cora to stay with her and of course my girl couldn't say no to her. I'm so proud of both of them.

Around 1am, Cora sneaks into my room. I feel her slide under the covers.

"How is she Cor?"
Cora: "she laughed. She has a good night. She's out like a night light now".

I fell asleep with my arms wrapped around my girl.

Around 3am. I hear a blood-curdling scream. TESSA!

COra and I fly out of bed and I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs. I open her door and she screaming and crying. She's still asleep. She's having a nightmare. I rush to her bed while Cora stays aside. All my brothers are at the door, shock on their faces. I'm whispering soothing words trying to calm Tessa down and wake her up. After a couple minutes, Cora comes over and pushes me aside and continues whispering to her and brushing her hand through her hair.

Tessa snaps up trying to sit up and gasps for air. She lets out a cry probably form her pain and Cora gently puts her back into her back.

I can't help but be angry in this moment. I know what she's dreaming about. She's not dreaming either. She had a nightmare.