p r o l o g u e

McKinley High, 2012

Marina entered the school early in the morning, avoiding staff as she made her way to where she assumed was Principal Figgins' office. She knocked gently on the door, entering when the man gave her permission. Inside was a man sitting on a chair, smiling, and welcoming her to sit down. Marina thanked him, before turning to the Principal when he cleared his throat.

"Miss Marina Fowler, meet William Schuester, head of the Glee club. You will be working under him as the clothing designer, but you will be a student too. You don't have to attend classes or even come in every day, only when necessary so that you have time to make clothing for the Glee club." 

"Oh, hi!" Marina turned to the man beside her, putting her hand forward for the man to shake. "It's nice to meet you."

With a shake of the hand, he nodded. "It's nice to meet you too."  Figgins then continued to tell Marina about the rules and regulations of McKinley, before he let the girl go to the practice room for the New Directions.

When she entered, the students turned to her, curious. She walked to the centre of the room before waving at the group. "I'm Marina Fowler. I'm the newest member of this place and I'll be your clothing designer too. Question my designs or ability and you'll wonder why you'll have to wear rags for Sectionals." The girl said, her voice flat and overall uninterested. The group stared at her, aghast, before a preppy girl stood, making her way over to Marina. 

"You're designing our clothes.... Will they be like yours? I'm Rachel Berry, by the way." Marina looked down at her clothes, offended. She wore a black turtleneck dress, a gray belt around her waist. On top of that was a cream-coloured cardigan, and on her feet were a pair of chestnut boots. The Rachel girl, however, as well as most in the room, wore obnoxious coloured clothing Marina would dread to have to see for the future.

"Coming from you?" Marina clicked her tongue, looking Rachel up and down, "Wow, I can already tell you're a selfish, self-centred brat and I've been in this place for not only five minutes." 

Let's just say Marina is not a fan of these stuck-up Americans.