f i f t y - n i n e

Everyone was sitting in the choir room, laughing as Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Tina, and Artie performed their first ever number the New Directions had ever did- Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat.

Mr. Schue came into the room just as they were finishing, laughing, and clapping his hands. "That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." Santana stated.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. National champs, baby!" Artie grinned, gaining cheers from everyone. Marina grinned, clapping, whilst Arabella excitedly cheered.

Mr. Schue wrote the word 'GOODBYE' on the whiteboard. "This week's assignment is easy. Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: Say goodbye. Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us."

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever." Mercedes said quietly.

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." Brittany immediately responded. Joe sent her an odd look.

"I really hope you're about to rap." Quinn chuckled as Mr. Schue pulled out a guitar.

"No such luck. I'm leading by example here. This one is for you guys." He laughed, beginning to strum at the guitar.

As Mr. Schue sang, Marina smiled softly, swaying to the song. Arabella leaned into her side, grinning.

The next day, Kurt had chosen his song that he was going to sing. He stood in front of the group, staring at them with a small smile on his face. "I wanted to dedicate my goodbye song to all of you, but I wanted to mostly thank the men in the room who have truly inspired me and never saw me for the things that made us different. You only saw me for the ways that we're the same. Because, in this room it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight what matters is that we're friends." Many nodded and smiled as he spoke.

The members of the Glee club all harmonised with Kurt when necessary to the song, making the boy smile as he continued to sing.

Walking through the halls of McKinley high, Marina heard that Mercedes has a recording deal in LA, Mike was going to a college in Chicago, and that the letters from NYADA would be dispatched soon enough. Marina couldn't wait until the end of next year.

She may be in this school because of Figgins, and didn't have to go to classes, but she had reasons to stay. The boys, Arabella, Dalton- it all made her want to stay. Marina would be going to New York, maybe with her group, and starting her own fashion brand in her family's currently unused private New York mansion.

Sue appeared beside Marina, looking at her with an unreadable expression. "Warbler, Figgins wants you in his office." Sue took her to the office as Marina followed, confused.

"Hello, Miss Marina Fowler." Marina nodded as she sat down, sending the man a look of confusion. "You have finished your first year here at McKinley, making clothes for the New Directions."

Marina nodded once more. "Why am I here, Figgins?"

He sighed, "William doesn't need you as a part of the New Directions anymore. You won Nationals, you made clothing for it all, and you were a part of his Glee club. But he doesn't think you need to be on the team anymore. He says Mr. Motta will be buying the clothes for the future."

Marina gave him a shocked look, "Why? What did I do?" Her voice was filled with confusion.

"I don't know, Miss Fowler. You have two choices: stay and help produce next year's musical and get a William McKinley High School diploma or leave. Either way, I won't blame you." Marina sighed, looking at Figgins.

"I'm staying. Sue said I'm needed on the Cheerios to teach them stuff, or whatever, and I'll also be making the musical. More high school graduation diplomas would be cool, too." She gave a small smile, Figgins gaping at her.

"Sue Sylvester wants you on the Cheerios?" Marina nodded. "Very well then. Off you go, Miss Fowler."

The next day, Marina sat in the choir room, not saying a word about what Figgins had told her. She hadn't even told Arabella, not wanting to ruin anything until after graduation. The seniors stood in the centre of the room, looking at their underclassmen.

"And now the seniors of McKinley High School, class of 2012, are going to sing for you. This is your glee club. Take care of it. It'll take care of you." Finn stated, before the group began to sing.

Also seems like Brittany wasn't graduating, Marina noticed. The group were all singing and dancing, hugging people as they did so. Santana sang close to Marina, giving her a side hug and a look that Marina knew meant 'cause trouble for me'. Kurt stood between Marina and Arabella, briefly holding their hands with a smile. They smiled back- Marina's more fake.

It seemed this was all their fault. In a way, their win was her loss. She lost the Glee club. No, it wasn't their fault. It was all because of William Schuester. The seniors then pulled the younger ones to their feet, moving them to the centre of the room and then continued to dance around them. Marina couldn't hate the group she'd come to love. Only William Schuester was worthy of her hate.