s i x t e e n

It was good to hear that sectionals were being held in the McKinley auditorium. It meant that they didn't have to go far, but it also meant that they had home advantage. Finn was with Mr. Schue trying to decide on a set list.

Arabella had dragged Marina to the Lima Bean, meeting Sebastian on the way. He was the coffee man of the Warblers for the week. Marina had chosen a plain cold coffee, dumping more of her mix into her drink as Sebastian poured courvoisier into his warmer coffee, Arabella watching in surprise. "You two pour alcohol into your drinks?" The pair looked up at Arabella, slowly nodding before going back to their drinks.

Sebastian looked over to a boy, his eyes raking the figure up and down. "Do you know who that is?" Sebastian murmured; his voice low as he looked over to the boy. Marina giggled.

"Sebby, that's Blaine." The boy nearly choked on his coffee before standing, pulling both Marina and Arabella to their feet.

"And Kurt. Reenie, Bella, get ready to meet Sebastian Smythe, captain of the Warblers and Grade-A asshole." Both girls nodded, not bothered about what they know will be eventful.

"Hey, guys! It's so crazy. I'm sitting over there checking out this guy and all of a sudden, I'm, like, 'Wait a second I know that hair.' What's up, buddy? Haven't seen you online." Marina raised a curious eyebrow.

"You two talk often?" Blaine laughed, as did Sebastian.

"We enjoy exchanging videos of our groups performing. Reenie, really like your Primadonna. Thad loved it." Sebastian grinned at her, before his face fell flat as he looked at Kurt. "Hi, Kurt."

"We've been really busy with Glee Club." Blaine sighed. Arabella nodded, murmuring a quiet 'amen'.

"Practicing for Sectionals... together." Kurt interlocked his hands with Blaine, who looked at Sebastian.

"Congrats on the Warbler win at your sectionals." Sebastian smirked. Marina leaned forward, humming.

"It was great, y'know. I could have got you a ticket if you wanted." Sure, Marina liked Kurt and Blaine together, but is it that bad to try and help your best friend out?

"We're up this week." Blaine sighed.

"Yeah. Well, hey, if there's one guy that can whip New Directions into a legitimate threat, it's Blaine Anderson, right?" At Sebastian's words, both Marina and Arabella scoffed. Sebastian turned to the girls, his façade dropping as he talked to the girls. "Reenie, Bella, I said guy, not girl. You girls could probably win by yourselves." The girls smiled at his words.

Blaine stood. "Right. I need another coffee."

As soon as he was gone, Kurt spoke. "I don't like you."

Sebastian smirked, speaking slowly. "Fun. I don't like you either."

Kurt scoffed. "I don't like the way you talk to my boyfriend; I don't like your smirky little meerkat face, I don't like your obnoxious CW hair. I'm onto you." Marina raised an eyebrow. Meerkat face? CW hair?

"Let's get a few things straight. Blaine's too good for you. The majority of New Directions are a joke. And one of us has a hard luck case of the gay-face, and it ain't me. Odds are by the end of the school year, I'll have Blaine and a nationals trophy, and you'll have khakis and a Lima Bean apron and that gay face."

"You smell like Craig's List." Kurt replied as Blaine sat down.

"What does Craig's List even smell like?" Arabella asked Marina, who only shrugged in confusion. During that conversation, she was hastily texting Thad- her gossip buddy- about what was going on.

"What are you guys talking about?" Blaine looked over at the group, curiosity in his voice.

"Duh, the next time we're all going out drinking, killer! Well, I gotta run. But you take care of that Warbler, Kurt." Sebastian said, leaving alongside Arabella and Marina.

Once the trio were in the parking lot, Sebastian sighed. "That was hard." Marina giggled.

"Nah, it really wasn't." Sebastian then smirked at Marina, agreeing.

"We're so nice until we kick in that friendly competition to get you with Blaine." Arabella chuckled, the other two nodding.

Marina and Arabella then went back to McKinley, meeting the majority of New Directions inside of the choir room. The group were talking about sectionals. "Well, the outfits are all sorted." Marina grinned, motioning over to the rack of completed outfits, spares hung up beside them.

"Are we sure yet which band members are joining us?" Artie asked.

Puck scoffed. "Well, it looks like 'Floppy Hair Bass Dude,' 'Chapped Lips McGee,' and 'Johnny Tromboner.'"

Tina sighed. "God, we're screwed."

Quinn shook her head in denial. "No, we're not. I know for a fact that we're winning."

Mr. Schuester came into the room, Finn behind him. "Hey, great news, everybody. Sectionals is going to be a challenge, but we have a—"

Kurt raised his hand, cutting off their teacher. "Mr. Shue, we all appreciate your endless supply of affirmations, but all the sparkling cider in the world can't deny the fact that the Titanic has hit the iceberg and now we're on a sinking ship."

Suddenly, a blonde with an odd mouth came into the room, a grin on his face. "Not if I can help it." Everybody cheered but Rory, Marina, and Arabella who all looked at the boy in confusion, but stood and made their way to him, nonetheless.

"I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Finn and Rachel. I sort of lost my way, but... true friends help you find your way back." Marina still wanted to know who this boy was.

"Let's hear it for Sam Evans!" Finn exclaimed, making everyone cheer.

"All right, enough of the sentimental stuff. It's time y'all get a little country back in this joint!" He yelled, pulling his guitar around his shoulder.

"Oh! Cheers! Two, one, two, three." Finn exclaimed as Sam began to play.

As Sam sang, Finn handed everyone a red solo cup full of sparkling cider. He paused in the middle of his song. "Red solo cup, you're not just a cup."

Finn shook his head. "God, no!"

"You're my..." Sam looked to Finn.

"Friend?"

"You're my friend. Thank you for being my friend, red Solo cup."