f o r t y - o n e

Blaine had dragged Marina and Arabella to Cooper's acting class, telling them if he had to go, they had to go. "Welcome, guys, to the Cooper Anderson Acting Master class. Thank you. Yes. Buckle your seat belts, kids, buckle your seat belts 'cause I'm about to pour you a tall glass of 'This is how it is.' First thing you're gonna want to know: Don't go to college." That's a stupid piece of advice, Marina noted.

"It is a waste of time. Number two: Don't go to New York. Theatre is lame and Broadway is dead. Real actors do TV and film, which means Hollywood is where it's at." That was almost as stupid as the first piece of 'advice'.

"Now let's talk headshots. Always, without fail, turn into a pose." Cooper turned into a pose, people staring in awe as he did so. "Again. And again. And one more time." People actually thought this was good, and some were even writing things down.

"Yes, that is a dynamic headshot, and bam, you just got your first call-back. So now you've got your 'sides.' Your foot's in the door. What do you do next? Gotta figure out, is it comedic or is it dramatic? Often, it's hard to tell, right? So, do what I do: ask the director. 'Is this scene comedic or dramatic?' He will know you're an actor who's not afraid to ask the tough questions, right?" Cooper said to everyone. All but Blaine, Marina, and Arabella were writing it down.

"Why are you writing this down?" Blaine asked Kurt.

"Kurt, he said Broadway was dead and not to go to New York. Why are you listening?" Marina hissed.

"Okay, what's the key to a dramatic scene?" Cooper asked.

"Finding the emotion." Someone had said, but Rachel threw her arm into the air, speaking over them.

"Connecting with your scene partner." Cooper shook his head.

"Oh, no, no and no. The key to a dramatic scene is pointing." He did as he said, people noting that down. "When people are really emotional, they point their fingers a lot."

Blaine shook his head. "That's not true at all. That's.... that's terrible advice."

"Excuse me, guys, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Blaine. Are you an internationally beloved spokesman for the Internet's fastest- growing credit score Web site? I didn't think so. So, let's focus in, okay? I'm here for you." Cooper said to Blaine.

Marina kindly raised her hand. "Excuse me, Cooper, but I'm from England, somewhere international, and I've never heard of you before." Cooper gave her a shocked look.

He sighed. "I don't normally do this, but because you're in brother's class and you guys are so nice, I'm gonna give you some Level II stuff." People talked excitedly as he got a chair and a briefcase, sitting himself on the chair with the briefcase beside him.

"The secret to great acting, great acting: ignoring whatever the other actor is doing. Eye contact with a scene partner is incredibly distracting. I try to tune them out entirely. Sometimes I wear earplugs. That way, I don't get distracted by what they're doing, and I can focus on the awesome acting choices I've planned ahead of time. Like eating a roast beef sandwich, right?" Some gave him confused looks at the end of his speech.

"Other choices I can plan ahead of time: screaming all my lines!" People looked up in surprise. "Because I'm really intense. And the things I'm feeling are really intense! Because I'm an intense actor!" People cheered and clapped at that scene. "Nicholas Cage, right?!"

Cooper calmed the group down. "All right, guys, I don't want you to go cray-cray, but I brought in 'sides—' industry term-- from a little show that I auditioned for last week called NCIS." He pulled out a script as people gasped.

"What does that stand for?" Someone asked as Puck gasped in realisation.

"Oh, my nana loves that show!"

Tina was on the floor, playing a dead body as Cooper talked about the scene. "Now in this scene, Agent Sciuto has just discovered a dead body. Who knows what will unfold? Don't look at each other. Action." Cooper said to the group, Rachel starting them off.

"Here's what we know. Sergeant Pembroke took a bullet at point-blank range. What we don't know is why he's wearing a dress." She spoke dramatically, pointing.

Blaine continued the script. "There's a rumour that Sergeant Pembroke was a transvestite."

Cooper stopped him immediately. "No, Blaine, say the line again, but this time, point your finger. Things are serious; a man in a dress is dead."

"I don't really feel like pointing, Coop. Just feels a little stupid." Blaine responded.

Marina snickered. "Looks a little stupid, too."

"Well, when a choice feels wrong, it's actually a good sign. It means you're right on the edge, man." Cooper responded.

"See, I don't know about that. I feel like when a choice..." Marina didn't even know what they said anymore because they were both arguing loudly. But eventually, Blaine cracked. "Coop, you're my brother! Can't you just support me?" Blaine looked downwards.

"I'm sorry, are you talking to me right now? Because I can't tell if you're talking to me if you don't point your finger." Cooper said, pointing his finger at Blaine. People gasped in realisation. "Right? That is lesson number one, guys, right? Scene. Scene. Scene. Good work, buddy. We'll get 'em next time. Let's go! Whoo! Let's move on to a little acting exercise that I like to call The Emotion Tornado."

Blaine had dragged the pair to more of his brother's classes, and none of them liked it anymore.

WARBLERS AND WARBLETTE

NICK:

Heard about McKinley Senior Ditch Day. Spend it with us, you, and Bella both.

MARINA:

Can Blaine come?

TRENT:

Once a Warbler, always a Warbler.