t w e n t y - t h r e e

The next day in the choir room, Rachel was singing her song idea for Mr. Schue's assignment.

She was obviously singing to Finn, and Mr. Schue thought this song was pretty good to sing to Emma. Everyone clapped when she finished singing, Finn standing and moving to Rachel, kissing her sweetly.... Which soon turned into the pair eating their faces off.

"You know, I just wanted to say that I thought that you blew that song out of the water and totally nailed the assignment. Oh, no, wait, wait a second. Was... the assignment wasn't 'make everything about Rachel Berry and force everyone to watch,' was it?" Santana interrupted their kisses, speaking harshly.

"Easy, Santana. It's fine. That was beautiful, Rachel." Mr. Schue then turned to Marina, who stood as Rachel and Finn sat. "You said you have a song, Marina?" The girl nodded, asking for the acoustic guitar before sitting on a stool handed to her and beginning to sing.

When she finished, the girl noticed tears in multiple people's eyes, the main pair crying being Kurt and Blaine. "Sebastian suggested it based on what you sang to Kurt when he came back here from Dalton and remember- it's always been my favourite number of yours."

"So, Mr. Shue, what do you think? We've given you a whole bevy of songs to choose from, from upbeat and awesome to a little overwrought for my taste." Artie asked as Marina moved to sit back down.

"They've all been incredible, you guys. I think I just need a little more time to really consider my choices." Mr. Schuester responded.

The next day, Sam gathered everyone, a perfect idea on how to propose. He got everyone changed into their costumes, picking what would happen and telling everyone what they would have to do before the group dispersed, getting ready for when Emma would enter. 

As Rachel began to sing, Emma walked down the corridor beside Mr. Schue, students giving her white roses as well as Sue and Coach Beiste. She walked into the room when she had a full bouquet of the white roses, Mr. Schuester looking at her with love in his eyes. "This is all for you." He told her, who was in awe at what was going on.

She grinned when she saw the members of the Glee club in swimsuits, running around the edge of the pool as they sang, Rachel doing the lead vocals. All of the boys jumped into the pool in different ways, including Artie who plainly rolled himself into the pool. Marina wondered if that was good for Artie, but then she wondered about the chair.

Sam ordered the girls from his swim team to sit on the pools edge, telling them what dance moves to do as Santana now led the lead vocals, coming down from the lifeguard chair. The boys swam to the edge of the pool, half sitting and the other half still in the water as the girls moved into the pool. Emma was now sat in a chair, holding the flowers close as she smiled wide. Rachel and Santana moved closer, as the boys all moved into the water as the Glee girls joined them in the same outfits Rachel and Santana wore, the groups doing a dance routine in a synchronised swimming routine, as the girls from the swim team swam gracefully around them.

The group lifted Artie onto a float of sorts, the boy happily dancing as everyone sang and danced. They then all sat on a large podium placed in the middle as the swim team took over on the flashy moves they had as a few secretly set up a clear podium for Mr. Schue to walk along in a white tuxedo, before jumping into the pool. He swam over to Emma as the song finished, the Glee kids all swimming over to where they were.

Mr. Schuester looked at Emma, who was already looking up at him. "Emma... You are the one. You always have been. The truth is, I feel like I've had to stop myself from doing this from the second I first saw you. The first time I held this hand, it felt like I'd held it a million times before. Like somehow, it's always been here. Life is messy. It just is. And I... I know that's hard for you, but that's why you have me... to balance things out. But you have to realize, you do that for me, too. Every day. Loving you and being loved by you makes everything better. I love you with everything I am and everything I ever hope to be. So... Emma Pillsbury... Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" He eventually got down on one knee, holding a box out to Emma, a silver engagement ring inside.

Emma stood, tears in her eyes. "I love you so much."

Mr. Schue gave her an expectant look as everyone smiled at looked at the pair, waiting for the answer. "Is that a yes?"

Emma nodded. "Yes. Yes. Yes." The kids all cheered as she kissed her now fiancé, happy for the duo. When Marina was changed into dry clothes, she pulled out her phone.

WARBLERS AND WARBLETTE

MARINA:

Emma said yes! We did it!

TRENT:

Oh my god, seriously?!

JEFF:

I'm no surprised. From the way you described their relationship I'm surprised that they're not already married.

THAD:

Jeff, remember the ex-wife who faked being pregnant for seven months?

JEFF:

Now I do.

NICK:

What song did he choose?

MARINA:

Sam's idea. We found love by Rihanna.

SEBASTIAN:

Yours was much better.

MARINA:

Arguable. Kurt and Blaine loved it though, so thanks Sebby.