t h i r t y

The next day when everyone was in the auditorium, it was time for David's number. He had asked Marina to perform with him and someone else, but she turned down the offer. So, when Santana went onto the stage, she wasn't all that surprised.

They twirled around each other as they sang and danced, happy to be showing off their joined culture. Finn curiously leant over to Mr. Schue. "Mr. Shue, what's with the shiny coat? I thought you were Kurt."

Marina hit Finn in the arm, giving both him and Mr. Schue a half-glare. "Even Kurt wouldn't wear an obnoxious coat like that."

"I'm an authentic Spanish matador." The man replied as the duo continued to sing. When they finished, everyone clapped and cheered, some standing as they did so.

Santana gestured to David, "Ladies and gentlemen, David Martinez."

"Santana, fantástico. David, I'm just a little I don't know confused about your participation here." Mr. Schue said. Santana replied saying that they were both hot in Spanish.

"And, hey, wasn't that number fantastic and truly authentic?" Santana asked, gaining another round of applause from the group.

"Thank you very much, everyone. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a stack of night school exams on my desk that won't grade themselves, so buenas noches. Muchas gracias. Bye-bye." As David left, waving, Santana spoke.

"Well, Mr. Shue, the floor is all yours." Santana said, gesturing to the now free stage. 

Marina nearly died when Mr. Schue came on stage, singing a stereotypical song that made the girl roll her eyes. Everyone was dancing, too, except for a raging Santana, an awkward Rachel, and an all-knowing Quinn. Marina nudged Arabella.

"Bella, he's doing a stereotypical performance," She told her, "It's inaccurate and he's misinformed, a terrible excuse for a Spanish teacher." Arabella believed her, stopping to re-evaluate what Mr. Schue was doing.

Marina thought it got even worse when Mr. Schue pulled out red cloth, Brittany, and Mike dancing around him as they pretended to be bulls. "Muchas gracias." He said when he finished. Everyone gave him cheers and applause, Rachel, and Quinn more hesitant. Marina, Arabella, and Santana didn't clap at all.

"It was you. You're the one who complained to Principal Figgins about me." Mr. Schue realised when he looked at Santana.

"Yeah, and I'd do it all over again after that performance." Santana told him. Marina coughed.

"Sí, en serio, Sr. Schue, realmente nos ha decepcionado a los hispanohablantes con su actuación." Marina said in Spanish, telling him that she was disappointed in his performance.

"You're messing with adult things here, Santana. This is my job. This is my life." Mr. Schue told her, seriously.

"And this is my education, and it's not a joke to me, although it seems to be one to you." Santana responded; her voice cold.

"What are you talking about? They all loved my performance." Mr. Schue responded confusedly, gesturing to the group.

"Because they don't know any better. It's your fault. You're their teacher. You went from 'La Cucaracha' to a bullfighting mariachi. Why don't you just dress up as the Taco Bell Chihuahua and bark the theme song to Dora the Explorer? You don't even know enough to be embarrassed about these stereotypes that you're perpetuating." Santana told him.

"That's not fair." Mr. Schue protested.

"Isn't it? What did you want to be when you grew up? Why did you become a Spanish teacher, Mr. Shue?" Santana asked him, getting out of her seat, and moving closer to the stage.

The man hesitated. "Because it was the only teaching position open at the time." He said, looking over at the group.

"I want to remind you of something that an amazing teacher once taught me: without passion, you can't succeed." Santana nodded.

"Who taught you that?" Mr. Schue asked softly.

"You did. And you do. When you teach Glee." Santana said to the man, right before the bell rang. Everyone left the school, Marina and Arabella driving to Dalton in the latter's car. When they got to the school, they went to the Senior Commons, knowing the boys would have just finished practice.

"Hey, boys." Marina grinned when she saw the Warblers all lounging around the room.

"Hi, Marina, Arabella." The boys responded, waving.

"So, Thad, your Spanish speaking really helped me today. Santana and I knocked Mr. Schue down a peg or two. He's the Spanish teacher yet doesn't even know Spanish. Only stereotypes." She told him, speaking flatly.

"Damn," Thad muttered, "But it's good you put him in his place while educating him on how to be better." Thad told her, smiling ever so slightly.

"Oh! Guess what." Nick said to Arabella, who gave him a look.

"What is it, Nick?" Arabella muttered dryly, a hint of amusement in her tone.

"We're all ready for Regionals!" The group all yelled at the girls, who groaned, rolling their eyes.

"We're not finished yet, but we're mostly sorted out." Marina said, "Sugar's dad was willing to pay all the costs for the outfits and payed us for making them." She told them. They knew Marina and Arabella had been busy with the outfits the past few days but didn't expect them to be getting payed for it.

"We've also started on the prom dresses." Arabella added. The girls had been talking over the phone recently, the senior girls telling them what they wanted their dresses to look like as prom would soon enough be approaching. They had the general design and colour sorted, but the dresses themselves hadn't been started on yet. The pair were still finding fabrics and sorting out any sizing issues that could occur.

"Are you two going to the prom?" Trent asked curiously. Marina shrugged.

"Kurt and Blaine may be willing to sneak us in as their 'dates'." Marina laughed, "They just want to do a song with the two of us." Arabella nodded quickly, earning laughs from Marina.