t w e n t y - s i x

Marina and Arabella turned up to school the next day, people gaping at Arabella's face. Luckily, they were the first to the choir room and waited for everyone else, telling them how her face was whenever they asked. They were either telling Marina she should have gone to the hospital or thanking Arabella for patching her up. Kurt was one of the last to enter, gaping at the girl who simply waved.

"How is he? Is he okay?" Rachel asked hastily. Kurt sighed.

"Uh, it's his right eye. Uh, the doctor says that his cornea is deeply scratched, and he has to have surgery." People gasped as Kurt spoke.

"In all my years as a teacher and a student, I have never known a slushie to do that kind of damage." Mr. Schue said softly.

"That's 'cause it wasn't a normal slushie, Mr. Shue. There was stuff in it, rocks, or something. He wanted to do that damage." Finn said sternly as Marina and Arabella exchanged knowing solemn glances.

"Well, unless you have proof that he tampered with the slushie the police aren't interested in getting involved." Mr. Schuester stammered.

"Sebastian is evil. He needs to be expelled." Kurt said, his voice rising ever so slightly.

Marina sighed. "May I remind you that Sebastian is also my best friend." She only got dull glances as Rachel pointed to her face. "I jumped in front of Blaine, that's on me."

Mr. Schue only sighed once more. "Look, Figgins and I spoke to Dalton's headmaster. They're opening up an investigation. So, guys, I'm telling you, please let the system handle this one."

Marina gave Mr. Schue a jaw dropped look. "You spoke to who?" She gave Arabella a look. "Listen, Mr. Schue, I know you're trying to help but do you and Figgins know what you've done? My uncle watches over me like a hawk and I'm going to have to, like, never leave his sight because of this."

Mr. Schue gave Marina a look. "Your uncle is Edward Dalton?"

"Yeah, he's my dad's mum's brother." The girl shrugged nonchalantly.

"No. Dalton's old-school, Mr. Shue-- they're not gonna turn their backs on one of their own-- we need payback." Artie said to Mr. Schue.

Mike nodded, "An eye for an eye."

The man didn't like their words. "No. I have a zero-tolerance policy for violence, of any kind. That's not how we do things."

"No, we sing, and that's all we ever do." Artie scoffed.

"Do you want to get disqualified from Regionals?" Mr. Schuester asked the group, but specifically the boy.

"I don't give a damn about Regionals. What do you expect from us? We're people. I know the rest of the world may not see us like that, but when they tease us and throw stuff at us and toss us in Dumpsters and tell us that we're nothing but losers with stupid dreams, it freaking hurts. And we're supposed to turn the other cheek and be the bigger man by telling ourselves that those dreams and how hard we work make us better than them, but it gets pretty damn hard to feel that way when they always get to win." Artie exclaimed, shocking everyone.

"I get how upsetting this is for you." Mr. Schue murmured.

"No, you don't, and don't give me any of that 'it gets better' crap because I'm not interested in it getting any better. I want it to be better, like, right now. I want to hurt them the way they hurt us. No, worse. I want them to feel my pain because frankly that's all I have left to give."

"Artie, take a break. We'll be here when you get back." Mr. Schue said slowly to the boy, who stayed in place for a second before rolling away.

The next day when everyone sat in the choir room, Quinn was singing to the group.

Quinn was obviously singing to Sam, Finn, and Puck, as everyone danced in their seats as she sang. Marina clapped alongside everyone else when she finished, Marina believing that Quinn should sing solos more often. "Wow, Quinn, that was incredible." Finn smiled.

"Even more incredible is her big news. Tell them." Mr. Schue said to Quinn.

"I got into Yale." The girl grinned as everyone clapped and cheered for the blonde.

"It's just-- it-it's amazing. After everything you've been through, you really deserve this, Quinn." Mr. Schue said to the smiling girl.

"We are so proud of you, Quinn." Mercedes smiled softly, pride in both her smile and eyes.

"I want to thank you guys because without each and every one of you, this would have never happened. You supported me and loved me through all the drama, and that's why I'm standing here. I wasted so much time hating myself for the stupid mistakes that I made, but the truth is, is that without all of those, I never would have dreamed this to be my future. I was the only one standing in the way of myself. You can't change your past, but you can let go and start your future." Quinn said to them as they all stood and crowded around her in happiness.

Marina and Arabella were approached by Santana, who had her eyes, specifically on Marina. "Would you like to get back at the twink?" Marina laughed at the nickname, knowing she meant Sebastian.

"It would be fun.... What do you have in mind?" The trio were walking along the corridor, discussing their idea before they saw a stressing Kurt at a desk.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Santana asked, looking over to Kurt.

"Trying to keep the flames from shooting out of the side of my face." Kurt mumbled as the trio sat down.

Marina gave Kurt a look. "Well, that outfit isn't helping."

"I agree with Artie. I'm tired of being stepped on all the time. I take a lot of crap from a lot of people, but I refuse to take it from Sebastian the Criminal Chipmunk, so I've been sitting here for the last hour, making a list of ways to get back at him." Marina laughed when he described Sebastian as a 'Criminal Chipmunk'.

"Well, today is your lucky day, because Auntie Snixx just arrived on the Bitchtown Express." Santana smirked. "Now, my suggestion is that we drag him bound and gagged to a tattoo parlour for a tramp stamp that reads 'Tips Appreciated' or 'Congratulations, You're My 1,000th Customer!'"

Marina laughed at Santana's words, "He probably trusts me enough to bind and gag him, too."

"After what he did to you and Blaine, I really wanted to hurt him. But I can't. I've fought against violence at this school for too long. I, I have to take the high road." Kurt sighed.

"You know what, Prancy Smurf? I respect that. You're probably right. I want to go to a college that isn't a FEMA trailer in a prison yard, so let's take the high road. We're not going to beat Sebastian by playing dirty, but we are going to beat him."