t e n

When everything had calmed down, Marina grabbed Arabella's arm and went over to Shelby, who smiled at the duo. "Hi Marina, who's this?" She asked kindly, looking between the girls.

"This is Arabella. We wanted to know if we'll have to make the outfits for the Trouble Tones for sectionals." She said to the woman, who laughed, shaking her head.

"Oh, no, don't worry- Sugar's father is getting all of the outfits for the girls." Marina sighed in relief, making the older woman laugh.

When the pair were back in the choir room, they were talking with Rachel and Kurt about outfit ideas for sectionals. "Something plain yet refined." Rachel nodded, getting a sound of agreement from Kurt.

"Whatever it is, give it a bow tie." Blaine interrupted, coming to sit beside Kurt. Marina nodded, Arabella writing the ideas down as the Brunette pulled her phone out, showing the three pictures of her fabric.

"Maybe go black and white?" Kurt suggested. "Maybe a type of suit for the boys and a skirt for the girls?" Rachel gasped, telling Marina to stop showing them the fabric as Arabella hastily wrote things down.

"Use that white fabric and create suits for the boys, black shirts with bowties. The girls have the same upper half but a skirt instead of pants." Marina nodded, happy with Rachel's decision.

"We'll start on them tonight. Hope you don't mind coming over to my place, Bella." Marina grinned, not telling her that she lived at Dalton. Arabella nodded as Mr. Schue entered the room, all attention going to him as he spoke.

"Okay, guys, we have our work cut out for us this week with this mash-off. The Trouble Tones have a lot of powerful voices, so song selection is key here. Any suggestions?"

Artie was the first to speak. "What about The Clash?" Blaine shot up excitedly.

"Uh, The Police?"

"REM!" Mike said, getting a shake of the head from Kurt.

"No. Spice Girls."

"Jonas Brothers." Someone else suggested, Marina unable to tell who it was from the fact everyone was speaking over each other.

"Guys, no, no, we can't use any of those bands. The only thing they have in common is that they all broke up, and right now the New Directions need to feel united." Finn stopped everyone, trying to rally spirit. Mr. Schue nodded.

"I like what you're saying, Finn. It's not just about the music, but where it comes from."

"Who do you think we should use?" Tina turned in her seat, looking to Finn.

"How about this? People think Hall and Oates are famous for their cool, puffy hair and that dude's banging 'stache."

"Awesome." Mr. Schue muttered under his breath as Finn talked.

"But also, they're awesome for staying together over the long haul." Finn finished his mini speech.

"Just like us, despite all their differences." Rachel smiled.

"I think we should give the solo to the new guy. Get him prepared for what's in store when the stakes get high. Rory, I think you'll do a good job." Finn said to Rory, confusing Marina. Sure, he was new, but Arabella was newer to the group.

"Thanks, Finn, but I don't think I'm ready for that honour just yet." Rory shook his head, trying to deny having a solo.

"Come on. You're totally ready, Rory. You'll kill it. We'll all help you. It's a great idea, Finn." Blaine grinned to Rory and Finn, the latter giving him an odd look as he thanked him.

At the end of the school day, Finn had gathered the Glee club, telling them they were having a dodgeball match against the Trouble Tones. Marina groaned as she changed into the red t-shirt and shorts, hating the game. Arabella nervously looked to Marina.

"It won't be that bad, will it?" Marina shrugged, not knowing how to answer. Finn held a whistle, calling everyone to the centre of the pitch inside the gym.

"Let's roadhouse!" Finn yelled, Santana coming from behind him.

"Oh, it's on, Pillsbury Dough Turd."

"Excuse me. I've never heard of this game of dodging balls before. What's the rules?" Rory said nervously, making Marina look up to him with a smirk on her face.

"Don't die."

"Let's do this." Brittany said from the otherside of the pitch, before pressing the play button on a boombox.

During the game, Marina was one of the last ones to get out as she had played this a lot in England. When Finn, the last player standing, was out, everybody went back to the middle. "Okay. Good game." He said to the girls as Rory came to stand beside him.

"Boy, oh, boy, that was a cracker!" Rory grinned, before falling to the floor when Santana and the rest of the Trouble Tones threw the balls at him, laughing.

"Stop it! Stop it! For God's sakes, he's bleeding! Maybe that's how the others treat us around here, but we don't do this to each other! We're better than this!" Kurt rushed over to Rory's aid, helping the bleeding boy stand as Marina stood in front of the pair, a glare on her face as she caught a ball that was supposed to hit Rory.

"God, calm down, Grandma." Santana laughed.

"The game's over!" Kurt exclaimed as he, Finn, and Rory left to help stop the bleeding.

"We still won." One of the girl's said, making Marina mindlessly throw the ball at her head, muttering a quiet 'bet'.

Marina turned to Arabella, wrapping an armaround her shoulders, "Come on, girl, let's go get started on the outfits for sectionals."