t h i r t y - n i n e

The three teams had been called back to the stage, ready for the winners to be announced. Marina stood with Arabella, their hands joined as they stood on the edge of the group, close to the Warblers. The pair looked to their left, seeing Sebastian and Thad looking back. They then nudged Trent, Nick, and Jeff to look too. "Good luck, boys!" Marina exclaimed quietly.

Sebastian shook his head. "You're the winner here, Reenie." At that, they stopped when a large coffin was being wheeled onto the stage by the helpers. Marina raised an unimpressed eyebrow as she waited for the judge to step out and announce who had won- that was Marina's main concern.

Dramatic music played until the man stepped out of the coffin, earning a round of applause as he went to the microphone. "I've crossed oceans of time to bring the results of this show choir competition." He said in a fake vampiric accent. The crowd cheered. "In third place, from Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow, the Golden Goblets!" They were way too happy for being losers.

Marina looked over to Sebastian, giving him another grin before the winners were announced. "And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The 2012 Midwest Regional Champion from McKinley High the New Directions!" As soon as he said 'McKinley' everyone was screaming. The Warblers stood in defeat but were happy to be losing to the New Directions over those Golden Goblet people.

Marina and Arabella shared an embrace before grabbing Blaine's arm and motioning over to the Warblers. Blaine nodded in understanding, going over to Sebastian, and shaking his hand. Arabella pushed him out of the way and latched her arms around the boy's neck as she screamed. Marina didn't even need to move before Thad had lifted her up into his arms, cheering. "You did it, Mari!" He yelled happily. "You won!" Marina laughed, telling him to let her down as she jumped into Sebastian's arms. Arabella moved to hug Thad as Nick, Trent, and Jeff all moved over to them, hugging the girls before sharing a group hug.

Marina and Arabella then went back with the new directions, going to Marina's car as they drove to the venue for Finn and Rachel's impromptu wedding. When they arrived, they changed into the pink dresses and waited for everyone else to arrive.

"So, Marina, we should do something since we'll be here a while." Arabella muttered.

"We could sing." Marina said mindlessly, before gasping. "I would never had said something like that. We need to design, Bella. You see what living with the boys has done to me? You see what Schuester has done?" Marina's voice was only half joking, earning a laugh from both girls.

"Marina, we're in the middle of making a bunch of prom dresses, and soon enough we'll need to make Nationals outfits." Arabella chuckled as the two began to sing.

They didn't even realise the other girls had entered until all eight of them were singing. Kurt and Blaine eventually joined in too, the group dancing and just letting loose as they waited for Quinn. Eventually, Santana sighed, prompting Rachel to stop pacing. "Face it, Quinn's not coming."

"She said she'd be here, okay? I don't want to start without her." Rachel said in response, shaking her head in denial at Santana's words.

When Finn stormed into the room, the boys behind him, Mercedes gave the boy a scalding look as she pointed at him. "Finn, out. You can't see the bride before the wedding."

Finn shook his head. "I've already seen her."

All the girls gave him looks, Tina being the one to speak. "But that's bad luck."

"No, it's fine." Rachel dismissed Tina with a shake of the head.

"Rachel, we got to go right now, or we're gonna lose our slot." Finn told Rachel, who gave him a pleading look.

"Could we please just wait a couple more minutes for Quinn, please?" She asked.

Finn responded quickly, "It's now or never." Rachel sighed, going back to her phone and texting Quinn.

The group waited a little while longer before Burt got a message from Quinn's mother. "Quinn's been in an accident. She's in the hospital." The wedding was cancelled, everyone leaving the venue to go back to their respective homes. Except Marina and Arabella were going to the hospital.

It was around a twenty-minute drive, Marina and Arabella locating the room of Dave Karofsky. Marina gently knocked on the door, popping her head through. "Hey, Bear Cub." She said softly as she entered, the boy giving her a wide-eyed stare.

"Marina I...." He then paused, breathing in. "Thank you. You saved me." Marina gave him a hesitant smile as she sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the boy.

"I couldn't let you die, Dave." Marina whispered, taking his hands in her own. He looked down at her knuckles in shock.

"What happened to your hands?" He asked, his voice croaky.

Marina laughed sheepishly. "Before my breakdown I had an anger fit. I was in a meeting with my uncles and some of my friend's parents trying to get the charges dropped." Dave gave her a look that told her to get to the point. "I beat up that Nick guy. Got him real good, too." At the boy's horrified look, she laughed. "They got all charges dropped."

"Well.... That's good." He murmured. "Kurt was here earlier, y'know?"

Marina shook her head slowly. "I had no idea." She then laughed. "Can you sing?"

Dave shook his head in denial. "Absolutely not." Marina stood, helping the boy to his feet.

"Anyone can sing."

"Maybe I can." Dave whispered to Marina.

"See!" The girl exclaimed happily.