t h i r t y - s e v e n

After another day, Marina went back to McKinley, going to the auditorium with Arabella. Marina had been classed as a hero to some students of McKinley, for helping save Dave's life and for beating up Nick. They sat in the auditorium, Marina between Arabella, and Blaine as Mr. Schue held up a jar of peanut butter and a spoon.

"Mr. Shue, why do you have a jar of peanut butter with one spoon?" Mercedes asked curiously.

Sugar nodded. "Yeah, there are 17 of us here, and I'm only comfortable sharing a spoon with about half of you."

"Well, it's come to my attention that our good friend Rory Flanagan has never tasted peanut butter." People voiced their surprise as both Rory and Mr. Schue stood, meeting together. Mr. Schue got some peanut butter on the spoon before handing it to the boy. "Rory, if you don't mind."

"Oh, God. Oh, my God That's the best thing I've ever had." He said as he tasted the substance.

"Mr. Schuester, wow, that's incredibly moving, um, it's kind of been an emotional week for some of us." Kurt muttered, looking over at Marina.

"Yeah, Mr. Shue, what's the point of all this?" Finn asked, agreeing with Kurt.

"The point is Rory just had a brand-new experience, something as simple as peanut butter. You guys are young. I want you to promise me that, no matter how depressed you get, no matter how hopeless or alone you feel, you'll try your best to imagine all of the amazing experiences you have ahead of you." Mr. Schue said to the group.

"Mr. Shue, look, I know we're a little dramatic sometimes, but I don't think anyone will ever consider taking their own life." Mercedes said to the man.

"I did." He replied, earning shocked looks. "Junior year. That was a tough year. I, uh, I cheated on my math midterm. Peeked at the answers of the guy next to me and the teacher saw me do it."

"Just 'cause you got caught cheating? I get caught cheating all the time." Puck shrugged at Mr. Schue.

"They called my dad at his office, and he was coming to pick me up. How was I supposed to look him in the eye? I just kept picturing my dad so disappointed in me. So, I walked up to the roof. I went right to the edge. One step and all the pain and humiliation would be over." He explained.

"Is that true?" Kurt asked softly.

"That day, I promise you, it felt like it was the end of the world. But you know what? It wasn't. You know, for some of you, getting caught cheating isn't a big deal. But there's something everyone has something that might take them up to that edge. And look at all the things I would've missed out on. I would've never met you guys or Emma. I would've missed out on everything. So, right now, I want you all to think of something that you're looking forward to. Big things." Mr. Schue said, looking to the group.

"Someday, I want to earn enough money to buy my folks a new place, so they don't ever have to go through losing their home again." Sam began.

"I'm most looking forward to meeting Rachel Berry's children." Mercedes laughed, earning a laugh from everyone.

"I want to be there to see my kid's first steps." Artie said.

"I want to be there to see sex and the City Part III." Sugar stated, earning a few laughs.

"Wow." Mr. Schue chuckled.

"I'm looking forward to being the next Vivienne Westwood." Marina stated. Arabella leaned into her side.

"With our boys as our models." That made both of the girls grin and lightly laugh.

"I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but I really do want to graduate high school." Puck said, looking down and holding onto his wrists.

"I'm gonna petition the Army to change my dad's dishonourable discharge status to an honourable one." Finn said, earning a number of smiles.

"I'm looking forward to graduating from Yale at the top of my class." Quinn grinned, speaking softly.

"I'm looking forward to the day when my grandmother loves me again." Santana smiled softly.

"I want Lord Tubbington to kick his Ecstasy addiction." Brittany said, no hesitation in her voice as she spoke.

"I am looking forward to marriage equality in all 50 states." Blaine said.

"I'm looking forward to the first time I dance at Carnegie Hall." Mike chuckled.

"I just want a song." Tina laughed, everyone laughing alongside her.

"I'm looking forward to watching my dad make a difference in Congress." Kurt grinned.

"I'm looking forward to being friends with all of you for the rest of my life." Rachel said to the group, earning smiles from everyone.

"I know this sounds silly, and the peanut butter really is amazing, Mr. Shue, but do you know what I'm looking forward to? Winning at Regionals." Rory grinned, still eating the peanut butter. Everyone whooped and cheered as the group disbanded to get ready for Regionals.

Marina and Arabella sat side-by-side, dressed with their hair done as they worked on making sure Marina's knuckles would be okay. Then there was a knock on the door. "Hey, girls." Said Trent as he was the first to enter, the other four behind him.

"You're lucky we're the first done." Arabella laughed.

"We just wanted to wish you girls luck.... So, good luck." Nick grinned.

"And good luck to you boys." Marina laughed, standing as they all individually hugged one another before sharing a group hug. The pair then kicked the boys out as members of the Glee club cam back, ready for the performance.

"Here we go." Marina smiled.