f o r t y n i n e

Things have been really good with me and Daryl. I don't know if it was the fever clouding his judgement that made him cling to me in that cell block, but it helped us break down some of the walls we had between each other.

We spent most of our days together, whether it was going on a hunt in the woods or keeping watch in one of the towers. Although Daryl wasn't big on public affection, he was quite sweet with me when we were alone.

"Hey." I smiled, as I made my way up the watch tower stairs. The sun was setting for the night, and I wanted to give Daryl some company on his night shift.

"Hey." He said, returning a small smile. "How was ya day?" He asked as I sat down beside him.

"Well evidently Tyreese's girlfriend was killed because she got the disease. He's really been angry with Rick, and seems to be really dangerous ."

"Yea, I had to keep Rick from beatin his face in after Tyreese started yellin earlier. Stupid son a bitch." Daryl muttered, shaking his head. I leaned against him, and he wrapped his muscular arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"This disease is really tearing through the group."

"Yea, ya lucky ya didn't get ya self killed, comin and seein me like that." Daryl said, looking at me.

I had had a small cough after my interaction with Daryl, but nothing more than that. Hershel says he thinks I have some sort of natural immunity to the disease. Because of this, I had been helping him in the cells the days I wasn't with Daryl.

"I would've been ok even if I wasn't immune. You, on the other hand, were in really bad shape." Daryl turned to me.

"Oh that right? I'll have ya know I kicked that disease's ass." I laughed at his competitiveness.

Daryl's POV:
My heart leaped as Aspen's eyes lit up. Her beautiful green eyes always twinkled whenever she laughed, and it was one of my favorite sounds in the world. The sun had started to dip below the trees, and her face was glowing in the fleeting light. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, and leaned in.

Her soft lips found mine, and I pulled her into me. She had a sweet, clean smell that was so addicting. My arms wrapped around her waist, and hers found my hair. My tongue ran across her lips and teeth, exploring her mouth. She pulled softly at my hair, and I let out a little groan. I quickly flipped her onto her back, and laid on top of her. She had only a small tank and leggings on, and she was every bit of irresistible. Her hips met mine, and blood rushed to my member. This girl hasn't even done anything and I'm already hard.

She evidently felt me through my pants, because a smirk flashed across her face. "Oh ya smirkin huh?" I growled, and a blush creeped across her face as her eyes darkened with lust.

"Maybe." She managed to whisper before I began to suck on her sweet spot in her neck. She let out a gasp as I left love marks down her chest. My hands traveled her body, tracing every curve. I groaned as she reached down to palm me through my pants.

Aspen's POV:
I could feel Daryl's hard member through his pants, as I rubbed its length. He groaned against my neck, and began to grind against me. I whimpered as he rubbed himself along my clit.

"That feels good huh?" He asked in a deep growl.

"Mhm." I gasped out, as he continued to grind against me. My need for him intensified, and I smashed my lips to his. He moved his hands up my shirt, and began to massage my breasts. I let out a low moan as he began to circle around my nipples. He moved his hand to the waistband  of my leggings, and began to pull them down when I pulled away.

"Daryl-"

"What's wrong?" He scanned my face with worried eyes. "Was it what I did last time?"

"I- The Governor-"

"Did he touch ya?!" Daryl practically yelled, anger filling his face.

"Daryl..." I practically whispered. I watched all the anger seep from his body, and he pulled me into his lap.

"What happened Aspen?" He asked, much more gently.

"He-he r-raped me." I whispered. "He almost did the first time I was in Woodbury, but he didn't waste any time the second. He forced himself on me, and then made me wear that dress and heels you saw me in." Daryl's face was stone cold, impossible to read. "P-please don't be m-mad."

"Aspen! I could never be mad! This ain't ya fault!" He pulled me into a tight bear hug. "It just kills me that I let ya slip through ma fingers, and I coulda prevented him from hurtin ya." I could tell Daryl was taking this news hard, and he wouldn't be letting this go any time soon.

I pulled away a little, so I could look at him. "This isn't your fault Daryl. I was careless, I put myself in danger."

"If I just had been with ya-"

"You couldn't have known Daryl. It's ok, I promise."

"That don't mean I ain't gonna beat tha shit outta him the next time I see him."

"I know." I laughed weakly, pulling myself into him again. I closed my eyes, and Daryl's heart beat soon lulled me to sleep.