f i f t y e i g h t

Candles lit up the church as everyone gathered around the front. The food from today was laid out on a table, and we filled our plates with as much as we could fit. Light chatter filled the church, and I found a spot beside Daryl.

Michonne had found some bandages on the run today, and she gingerly helped me slip my shoe off. I bit back a gasp at the sight of my now almost black ankle. Bruising had spread up my mid calf, and it was double its normal size. Michonne wrapped it tightly, and then slid my shoe back on. "Thank you." I said to her, and she nodded before making her way over to Rick.

"I'd like to propose a toast." Abraham called above the noise, and everyone took a seat. "I look around this room and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors." He raised his glass.

"To the survivors!" We all called in response. I took a sip of my wine, and leaned against Daryl.

"But is that all you want to be?" Abraham continued. "Wake up in the mornin, fight the undead pricks, go to sleep at night with one eye open. Rinse and repeat. Because you can do that. You have the strength and the skill. Thing is, for you people that's surrender. Now if we get Eugene to Washington, he can make the dead die, and the living will have this world again." He paused, looking at each of us. "Eugene, what's in DC?"

The overweight man straightened up in his seat. "Infrastructure built to withstand pandemics even of this magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge, a restart."

"However this plays out, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this who things started." Daryl shifted under me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and pulling me closer to him. "Come with us. Save the world for that little one." Abraham said to Rick. "Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there who don't have nothin left to do except survive."

Silence filled the church until Judith babbled, causing Rick to laugh. "I think she knows what I'm about to say. She's in, and if she's in I'm in." He said, as everyone grinned. Abraham sat down, and we all broke into our own conversations again.

"What do you think of this plan?" I asked Daryl.

"If he's got tha cure great, but I have a hard time believin that." I rubbed my hand up and down his arm, staring into the flame of a candle. "That's a long way to go on just a promise."

"I know." I sighed. "And even if he is telling the truth, we could all die on the way there."

"Ya ain't dyin." I smiled, and kissed his forearm.

"If this ankle can ever heal." I grumbled.

"It will. Ya just gotta stay off it for more than a few minutes."

"I will once we find a safe place." I reached for my plate, and ate peacefully as we listened to the others conversations.

—————

The group began to dwindle as everyone found places to sleep for the night, mainly along the walls of the church. I had a full belly, and a warm buzz from the wine, and I could feel my eyes drifting closed. Daryl sensed my drowsiness, and helped me up. We blew out the last of the candles, and I followed him to a corner with no one in it. The moonlight only lit up parts of the church, and our corner was in total darkness.

I laid down, and faced the wall. Daryl wrapped himself around me, and my eyes began to drift closed when his arm moved from my waist to my side. He slid his hand under my t-shirt, and traced along the bottom of my bra, leaving goosebumps in his wake.

He reached my cup, where his fingers danced up towards my chest. His hand covered my boob, and he squeezed lightly. I let out a gasp, and he chuckled quietly. "Yer gonna have to be quiet." He whispered in my ear, and I bit my lip. His tongue trailed along the outer part of my ear, and a shiver traveled down my spine as he gently nibbled on it.

His attention returned to my chest, where his hand dipped inside of my bra. He rubbed his finger around my nipple, and I bit down on my thumb to suppress a groan. He continued to squeeze and rub my bundle of nerves there, and I squeezed my legs together. "Excited?"

"Daryl..." I whispered hoarsely. 

"Do ya want me to stop?" His voice was deep, filled with desire. I shook my head, but turned around to face him. He scanned my face, and I pulled myself closer to him, my lips meeting his. It's been too long since he's touched me. I pulled at the bottom of his hair, and he pressed himself against me. My heat ached where his met mine, and he suppressed a groan.

Our kisses deepened as I quietly rubbed myself against him. He grabbed my hips with his hands, stopping me. I pulled away to look at him. "What?" I pouted.

"Aspen." He practically growled, sending butterflies through my body. "If ya start that I'm gonna have no choice but to rip ya clothes off and fuck ya in front of this whole church." I suppressed a gasp as I looked up at Daryl through my eyelashes.

"Is that such a bad thing?" I teased, reaching down to palm him through his pants.

He groaned against my touch, and I felt him grow even harder. "Yer trouble." I smirked, and leaned up, biting down on his lip. I pulled it out, letting it snap back. Daryl's eyes were dark, and I could tell my teasing was driving him mad.

"Two can play at that game." He muttered, and reached down in between us. I moved my hand as he unbuttoned my jeans. He traced the top of my underwear, and reached inside. He danced his way down to my entrance, sending a wave of pleasure with each movement. He reached my entrance, teasing the outside.

"Daryl." I gasped. It was his turn to smirk as his long finger forced its way inside, and my eyes rolled back in my head. He pulled it all the way out, before inserting two. I squeezed my lips together, suppressing a moan. His fingers continued to slide in and out, as his thumb found my sweet spot.

My legs involuntarily jumped upwards, and he chuckled darkly. "Ya like that?"

"Mhm." I gasped as he continued his assault on my bundle of nerves. I pressed my mouth to his chest, trying everything I could to suppress my moans. Daryl quickly flipped me onto my back, and slid my pants further down my legs. I winced as he hit my ankle, but it wasn't nearly enough for me to ask him to stop. I bit my lip as he spread my legs, and made his way in between them. I pulled at his hair, and curled my legs around his head as his tongue swirled around me.

His fingers found my entrance again, and the combination of the two sent waves of pleasure through my body. I felt the pressure building, and knew my climax would be soon. His fingers penetrated one last time as I finished in his mouth. He licked me clean before sliding my pants back on, and making his way back to my mouth.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, and kissed him deeply. "I love you." My eyes snapped open, realizing what I had said.

I was met with his piercing blue ones. "Aspen-" My heart dropped, and I pulled myself from his arms.

"I shouldn't have said that."

"Aspen, no..." He pulled me back towards him, and cupped my face with his hands. "I love ya too." My smile spread from ear to ear, and I couldn't suppress a giggle. A cheeky grin found its way onto Daryl's face, and he pulled me in for another kiss.

"I love ya Aspen." My heart fluttered at the words I had only dreamt of hearing.

"I love you Daryl." He pulled me to his chest, and I soon fell into a sound sleep in the arms of the man who loved me back.