t w e n t y t h r e e

Aspen's POV:
I woke up with my head still pounding, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and went into the bathroom. I brushed my hair out with a brush I found in a cabinet under the sink. I pulled it up into a ponytail and walked out into the room. I pulled out a navy tank top from the dresser which I slipped on with jeans and my converse.

I opened the door and walked downstairs. I didn't see anyone, so I guess I slept in past breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and saw Maggie cleaning dishes.

"Well good morning sleepyhead." She said with a smile.

"Shut up." I said, but I couldn't help smiling. I liked Maggie. She was nice, but she seemed tough.

"So, you feeling any better? I heard you took a hard fall last night." She said, and this time she couldn't help chuckling.

"I swear!" I shoved her playfully and started to walk out.

"No! Don't leave, I was just playing. No, but really how are you?" She asked.

"Um, a little better." I said, turning around. "My head still hurts a little bit though."

Maggie finished the dishes and walked up besides me. "Well that's good, want to come sit on the porch with me?" She asked.

"Sure." We walked out and I saw the chairs had been returned to their normal state from last night. After Daryl had stormed past us, I had tried to follow him but he went out the back and I lost him in the dark. I looked out at the farm, trying to shake off the guilt I felt. There is no reason for me to feel guilty about Daryl, after all, he has Carol.

As we sat down Maggie turned to me, her face suddenly serious. "You and Glenn seem like good friends."

"Yeah, he was one of my first friends after the apocalypse." I looked over at her. "Why?"

She looked uncomfortable. "Well, um, while we were on the run... um... we kind of had sex."

I was stunned. "What?!"

"Well, I mean, we didn't go really far. But I mean-" She stuttered before I interrupted her.

"No, no. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. That's great! Glenn is a great man. Just don't hurt him, you hear me? If I ever hear you did something to him, you will have to deal with the wrath of Aspen!" I said.

"Okay. I understand." She looked relieved. Almost like she wanted my approval. I smiled at her.

I looked back to the group, and saw most were in a group huddled around each other. "What are they doing?"

"Well, you missed the excitement this morning. Lori's pregnant!" Maggie said sarcastically.

"What?" I was shocked. Then it hit me. The baby most likely wasn't Rick's. I bet he might like to think so, but I would bet anything the baby is Shane's. I surely wouldn't be sharing my feeling though.

"Walker!" I heard Andrea scream. We all took off into the field. I saw Rick, Shane, Thomas, and Dale all trying to calm Andrea down. I could see a figure stumbling through the field. But that walk looks so familiar. I realized with horror who it was just as I heard a gun go off. The figure dropped and I felt myself screaming as the men lifted up Daryl's lifeless body.

I sank to my knees as I realized what happened. He's dead. But not only is he dead, Andrea killed him. Andrea. I stormed up to her. "What the hell do you think you were doing?! You just shot Daryl! You idiot!" I screamed at her, as a set of hands pulled me back before I could slap her. I turned around and saw it was Thomas.