t w e n t y n i n e

Rick's POV:
At first light, I was up and getting everything together. I was antsy to start working on clearing the prison. Daryl was already up before me though, I don't know if I had seen him sleep since Aspen's death. Slowly, the others began to wake up. I finally allowed Hershel to start a fire, but I didn't see Thomas anywhere for him to make a snarky remark.

As we packed all of our stuff into the vehicles, he was still no where to be found. He wasn't the most liked person in the group right now, so I bet if I said anything, no one would pay much attention. I just hoped he made it into a vehicle.

I kept packing my stuff up and helped Carl and Lori into the truck. We began to drive to the prison, and Thomas slipped my mind.

Once we reached the prison's gate, I stopped the truck and motioned for everyone to get out.

"Glenn, Daryl, T-Dog, Thomas, and I will go in there and try to clear as much as we can, the rest of you stay here and wait for our signal."

Everyone began to mutter after I finished. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, it's just that Thomas isn't here." Maggie finally spoke up.

"Well where is he?!" I shouted. This kid was on my last nerve, and now he's gone?!

"I guess he was left behind when we drove off." This time it was Glenn speaking.

"He deserves it." Daryl mumbled.

"We'll deal with this later." I sighed, rubbing a hand down my face. I didn't totally disagree with Daryl at this point, but I didn't need this group to fall apart right now. We were all under stress and we were all depressed from Aspen's death. This was the moment we needed each other most.

"Okay, Glenn, Daryl and T-Dog come with me." And with that we took off into the prison.

Carol's POV:
I watched the men take off into the prison, clearing walkers. I sighed and sat down in the truck. It could take a few minutes to a few hours depending on how many walkers there were. Everyone followed my suit, finding seats to rest their legs in. Lori came over to me and crawled into the drivers side door. She didn't have Carl, so I assumed she left him with someone else.

"Can I ask you something?" Lori finally asked, breaking the silence.

"You just did." I muttered. I was sick and tired of everyone stumbling around because of Aspen's death. People were going to die, that's the way it was. No one cared this much when my Sophia died, did they?

"Well, I think something needs to be done about the group."

Now she had my attention. "What do you mean?"

"It's just that everyone is moping around because Aspen died. One of these days someone isn't going to be paying attention and more people are going to die because of their mistake. I have to worry everyday about this baby being born, and now the group is just focused on her death, not their safety." She sighed, looking out the window.

"No, I agree with you. We need to figure out someway to make the group just forget about what happened to Aspen. That's all that's on anyone's mind and you're right, it's going to get someone killed eventually." I heard an intake of breath and I swung my head to face Maggie who had heard the conversation.