e l e v e n

Aspen's POV:
I talked with Amy by the fire while we waited for dinner to finish. Andrea went into the RV right after our conversations, and I didn't see her once until they said dinner was ready. She then came out of the RV and I saw her put a wrapped bundle by her seat. It was hidden well enough so that if you didn't know what you were looking for, you wouldn't see it.

"What's for dinner?" Carl asked Lori. She looked to the fire where the men were cooking.

"It looks like fish." She replied.

"Ugh. All we eat is fish or rabbits or squirrels." Carl said, sticking his tongue out.

"Well I'm sorry that I can't run out to Walmart and get you something." Lori ruffled Carl's hair. "The worlds different now buddy. Enjoy your fish."

"Fine." He shuffled over to get a piece of fish which received a laugh from the women.

"I hate seeing them grow up in this." Lori said.

"At least they're alive," Carol responded. "I don't know what I would do if Sophia was gone." Carol looked loving over to her daughter who was sitting besides Carl.

I finally spoke up, "At least they won't really remember the world before this. We have to live with knowing how the world was before."

"That's true." Amy, who was standing besides me, said. "I miss my friends."

I looked at her. "Same. I didn't think I would miss my normal life so much."

We all started saying what we missed the most.

Finally Carol said, "I miss my vibrator." She said shyly, receiving some laughs.

"Me too." Andrea agreed, laughing. Then we all went to grab some dinner.

—————

We all sat around the fire, eating fish. It wasn't the best meal I've ever eaten but it was one of the best I've eaten since the apocalypse. As I finished up, I looked around the fire. Carl was besides me and he looked very bored with the adult conversations. Lori was on the other side of him, talking to Carol who had Sophia besides her. Andrea had an arm around her sister and was constantly looking at her. Shane was no where to be found, probably sulking about Lori.

"When are we going to die Aspen?" I heard a little voice beside me ask. I looked at Carl and noticed everyone else had also stopped talking and were waiting for my response.

"Um, well, we all will eventually. I don't think that you will necessarily today, but someday our time will come." I looked around at everyone. They all were staring at me and I felt my face get red and I looked down at my feet. "But don't think  about it too much buddy. I promise I will never let walkers get to you. You will have a long and prosperous life. I promise." I hugged him for what seemed like forever until Andrea looked at Amy and whispered something.

"No! Oh, no! Please don't!" Amy turned bright red and started begging Andrea to not do whatever Andrea just said.

"Oh I think we should." Andrea said as she grinned mischievously at the group.

"It just so happens that my sister, Amy, birthday is today. So I thought we should all sing her happy birthday." She looked around. "Okay, on the count of three, 1.... 2.... 3...."

And we sang "Happy Birthday" to a very red faced Amy.

Once we finished she got up and Andrea grabbed her arm. "Where are you going?!"

"Geeze, calm down! I just have to pee! Gosh, you try to be discreet around here." She said with a smile as everyone laughed as she walked off.

"Are you going to give it to her when she comes out?" I asked Andrea.