// 005 [old version]

San

I left the bathroom after splashing some water on my face, trying to forget the scene that just unfolded before me and headed back to my seat.

But as soon as I sat next to my parents on the front row of the church's seats and tried to pay attention to what the priest was saying as he grew closer to finishing the mass, I realized that the water had almost no effect on me and all I could think about was that damned vanilla scent that came with the close proximity of Jung Wooyoung and how frustrated that said man made me feel.

The embodiment of shambles, Jung Wooyoung. He was someone I always heard I should stay away from, that he's trouble. And he sure was.

I was so angry at how impotent he made me fell, how does one dominate that monster into a civilized person? I fell bad for his parents, such lovely people having to deal with a no good kid like him.

Just looking at Wooyoung made me irritated, he's the perfect exemple of what you shouldn't be doing if you want to have a good future ahead of you, with a nice job, a loving wife and kids.

"What are you doing!" I heard a hushed whisper coming from behind me, my best friend, Hongjoong. "Stand up, the last prayer is starting."

That information made me shake my thoughts about Jung Wooyoung away, making me slightly angrier at that said boy who made me miss the start of the prayer.

Soon enough mass was over and I accompanied Hongjoong to the back of the church, where the community service meeting would start in about half an hour. They would always leave a table with some snacks here for us to munch on before our work actually began.

"You were distracted today, what happened?" Hongjoong nudged me.

"Nothing worth mentioning." I shrugged. "Just got tangled in my thoughts for a second."

"Oh, okay." I heard him answer me quietly. "If you need to talk about anything you know I'm always here, right?"

"Yeah, I know Joongie. Thanks." I smiled. "Actually, there's something I wanna ask you-"

I stopped mid sentence as I felt a weird smell intoxicate my nostrils.

"Hold on just a second, bro." I touched Hongjoong's shoulder as in to keep him there and started walking towards the herbal smell coming from behind the tree, a few meters away from where me and Hongjoong stood.

"Oh, hey there Choi. Wanna hit?" The annoyingly familiar voice of Jung Wooyoung made way to my ears.

For fuck's sake, why do I keep running into this douchebag.

"No." I answered coldly. "You shouldn't be smoking here, you're still on church's ground."

"I didn't know smoking was forbidden." He smirked.

That goddamn cocky smirk that makes me wanna rip it away from his face.

"Weed is." I snatched the small remaining joint out of his hand, threw it on the ground and stepped on it, making sure it wasn't smokable any more.

"What the fuck?" He turned to me with widened eyes. "You're a dick, you know that?"

"That kills you, you know?" I ignored his tantrum and started walking back to HongJoong.

"Hopefully." He sighed, this time sounding serious, making me confused.

"What?" I turned around, slightly concerned from his answer.

"Mind your own fucking business, Choi." He started at me, burning holes in my eyes.

"Fuck off." I said, before turning around again and walking to the snacks table, where HongJoong patiently waited for me.

"Who was that?" Joongie pried in.

"Wooyoung." I answer nonchalantly.

If it was up to me he could safely disappear from the face of the earth and I would be happy.

"You mean, Jung Wooyoung?" He turned to me looking a little scared. "You that guy is a bully, right?"

"So I've heard." I shrug. "Don't trust the rumors too much, Joongie."

"No, no. That fight people talk about... I saw it." He whispers back to me.

I'm about to ask him why he was whispering when I set my eyes on Wooyoung making his way towards us.

"Speak of the devil." I whisper back at Hongjoong, making him giggle.

"Excuse me, church boys." He says as he's already making his way in between us to reach the snacks table. "Got the munchies."

He giggled to himself, earning a scoff from me and a scared look from HongJoong when he started attacking the snacks that laid on the table.

"Calm down, little one. I don't bite." He joked to Hongjoong, who looked even more scared now.

This Wooyoung guy was all over the place, acting like he owned the world and making himself a little too comfortable for my liking.

"This food is exclusive for the people working for the community service." I grabbed his arm, preventing him from opening a bag of chips.

"Indeed, my fellow Good Samaritan." He smiled in a cocky way. "I believe you haven't heard the excellent news then."

Before I could ask what he meant, one deacon made his way to the small group of people gathered on the back of the church.

"Today we'll be helping our neighborhood by separating the food we received from donations and putting them in equal amounts in baskets, that will be distributed to the poor." He started explaining. "If you're wondering, this is Jung Wooyoung, our new volunteer for the program."

"Hello, nice to meet everyone!" Wooyoung flashed a sweet smile, waving his hand around.

I stared at him dumbfounded, he seemed like a completely different person from a minute ago. He took notice of my intense gaze on him and turned his attention towards me, giving me a wink and smirking.

"Ok, everyone. Let's head out to the food pantry." The deacon continued. "Once everyone's inside I'll give you guys further details on how to organize the food baskets."