// 007 [old version]

San

My date with Jiwon was going as planned. We met at the local ice cream shop, I payed for our frozen dessert and we were currently walking in the park, holding hands and enjoying the chilly breeze brushing through.

I was feeling calm and peaceful with the beautiful girl by my side, happy that we got to hang out just the two of us for a bit and outside church grounds, without our parents watching our every move.

We've known each other for a while now, for a couple of years since her family decided to move to our small town. But the feelings we now share for each other only made an appearance after she graduated from our school and went to a college not far away, being able to still live with her parents.

Some would say dating an older girl that recently went to college was a bad idea, yet our experience being together for a month has been nothing but pleasant.

She had her own things to deal with, I had mine, and as long as she didn't think of me as immature for being two years younger or I don't know, unprepared even, it was not a problem to me.

"Hey babe." I heard her sweet voice, breaking me out of my thoughts. "I'm thinking maybe it's time we introduce ourselves as a couple to our families."

"Oh, okay." I was shocked to say the least. "Sure!"

Waiting for us to be sure of our feelings before we told them was my idea, but Jiwon asking for us to label ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend to our parents made me feel somewhat relieved that she was comfortable with us and what we had.

"When?" I asked her, turning my face to her and smiling, being grateful to have such lovely girl to call mine.

"Well, I know this is sudden but we'll be having a family dinner at home today... maybe you could tag along and you know..." she suggested shyly, smiling at the ground and playing with her hair.

"Today?" My voice disobediently went a pitch higher than I planned to, not wanting to show any signs of nervousness.

"I-I mean, if that's ok with you." She mumbled. "If you don't want to, I understand-"

"No, no!" I interrupted her, regaining my composure. "I'd love to."

"Really?" She looked at me expectantly, a huge smile plastered on her face.

How could I ever say no to her?

"Yes, baby. I'd love to tell them tonight." I returned the smile, although not as confident as hers.

"Great!" She beamed. "Then it's settled. We still have like, half an hour until we need to go home. What do you wanna do?"

"Whatever you want to." I chuckled, feeling blessed to have such a beautiful girl, inside and out, by my side. This truly feels like destiny put us together. "What do you think about just walking around the park a little longer before we leave in 15 minutes?"

So I can calm my nerves.

"Ok, let's do that." She giggled, excited about the next few hours to come. "I just need to text my mom to let her know we'll have a special guest coming over tonight!"

——

Hey guys!
This is my first author's note. I'm not gonna be leaving many but I feel like I should apologize for the small chapter. Things are gonna become more interesting this point on, I'm really excited! And I hope you guys are too. 😏