// 018 [old version]

San

I shook my head as I closed the door to Wooyoung's room and walked downstairs. This boy was truly a handful, I don't know how his family deals with him, now I can understand why he was never introduced to us during our church meetups.

As I made my way to the first floor my mood got lighter, knowing I would soon see the beautiful face of my girlfriend again. Or ex-girlfriend? Our breakup didn't really make sense to me.

"San?" I heard Jiwon's confused breath.

I followed the sound, turning to her and that's when my face lit up, as soon as I saw her delicate features I wasn't able to hold back a smile. If anyone entered the room right now they would probably say that that the boy looked happy and the girl... didn't.

"What are you doing here?" She continued, stepping away from me.

Ouch.

"Hey, Jiwon." I tried speaking with a sweet tone, to calm her. "Wooyoung invited me... to clear things up."

She nodded and looked away for a second, her body looking stiff and too uncomfortable in her own home. The room was tense and I was also beginning to feel awkward, like I didn't belong there. Feeling this way while being around Jiwon also felt foreign to me, how could she act so different in so little time? Did she not like me anymore?

"How are you doing?" I asked, not really knowing how to start the conversation now that it was actually time to do so.

"I'm- you know..." she shrugged. "Ok, San. Listen, I don't really wanna talk to you right now."

The sad look in her eyes broke me a little. I couldn't even talk things through with her, she wasn't willing to listen. Damn it Wooyoung, look what you've done. My desperation grew bigger as I heard her words, so I felt like it was now or never and I didn't have much time before she decided to shut me out completely.

"Jiwon, I didn't cheat. I would never! You know me." I pleaded, stepping closer to her. "The girl Wooyoung saw me with was my sister! And what I said about the party was true, I didn't even drink. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it before."

"Oh." Jiwon raised her eyebrows, resembling Wooyoung's reaction to that same information, making me grin slightly. "But-"

"I'm really sorry." I reached towards her shoulder, touching it gently. "I just forgot to tell you about it, next time my sister comes to town you will be the first to know. No parties again. Every time I leave the house I can text you... Whatever you want. I didn't mean to make you feel insecure. Please, Jiwon."

Her face finally broke into a small smile and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Ok." She hugged me quickly. "I'm sorry too, San."

"Can we get back together now?" I asked, fully smiling.

"Of course." She giggled, making the room seem lighter.

Jiwon stepped back, turning her body towards the kitchen, me being the simp that I was, just followed her without even questioning.

"So, where is Wooyoung?" She asked as she stepped inside the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water. "Have you eaten anything yet?"

"Huh?" I'm caught off guard by her since I didn't know what Wooyoung wanted me to tell her, but then again, I was also set on not messing anything up on my relationship ever again. "Wooyoung's in his room and no, I didn't eat. Do you wanna maybe order some pizza?"