Harry Potter x Reader Request

This request is for the lovely JulzLovDraco4Eva, I hope you like it, and I'm so sorry it's taking me so long to get your request out! This is the first time that I've written a oneshot for this particular character, which shocks me to my bone since he's the main protagonist!, and I will do my best to make sure I get his personality right for you all! And this oneshot will contain a butt-load of fluff as well as a lot for Harry's POV, so be advised when you go to read this. Now, let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

I never wanted Harry to have to face his nemesis to save my life. And yet, though we were both in our seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Voldemort decided to make himself known and attack the place I thought was my home for the past six years. I'd been holed up in the Room of Requirement with the rest of Dumbledore's Army when I heard a picture frame open and saw Neville Longbottom staring at us and smiling like an idiot. Since no one else was speaking words, I asked, "What the hell took you so long, Neville? We were worried sick!"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you what took me so long," was the answer I got out of him as I descended from my makeshift hammock to inspect him for any more wounds; Neville was a punching bag for the Death Eaters since they took over the school after Dumbledore died. And since he was the only other person in my year and House that I actively spoke to regularly besides Sheamus, Dean, and Ginny, I was a little too overprotective of him.

Speaking of Sheamus, he stood next to me and asked Neville, "What food did Alistair make for us today? Or did he leave you something to hog for yourself?"

Neville still didn't answer, the smile on his face seemingly growing with each minute we-Sheamus and I-interrogated him. It didn't take long for him to move out of the tunnel opening's way and the man I'd fallen in love with from the beginning of our first year stood before us, Ron and Hermione flanking him as he came into view. I didn't hear all the joyful cries from my fellow soldiers as I slowly walked toward him, smiled genuinely for the first time in months, and whispered, "Harry. You're alive."

At the sound of my voice, Harry smiled at me and said, "Of course I'm alive, love. I had to make sure to come back to you during all this." I glued myself to him and he chuckled while hugging me tightly, not letting me go for an instant. When he finally let go of me, Harry looked at the kids behind me and told them, "Listen up! I never wanted a war to come and disrupt the peace Dumbledore built here, but it has. And we need all the help we can get here. I need one of you to phone the Order and let them know I'm here. The rest of you get ready; I've got a plan."

"What's your plan? And what do you need the rest of us to do?" Neville asked Harry while the other younger kids ran around the room getting things ready to start the onslaught we all knew was coming.

Harry answered, "Find the remaining horcruxes and destroy them. I also need you or someone to look after Y/N and make sure she's safe at all times." He squeezes my side and whispered in my ear, "I won't let Voldemort get to you. You have my word."

I kissed his cheek and asked Ron and Hermione, "Want to help me get my robes on? Then we can chat like old times." Harry made a rather dejected sound and I giggled; it appears my man's missed me more than he's letting on. Hermione and Ron chuckled while I told him, "You can come too. It's not like I'm not glued to your side right now anyway."

Ron stated, "We'll be taking care of you while Harry deals with Voldemort, Y/N. You've got nothing to worry about."

Hermione added, "It took an arse-load of convincing on our way here, but we managed to make him see that if he tried to focus just on you, Harry'd be killed. So you're our charge when the going gets tough."