Ron Weasley x Female Reader Request

This request if for the lovely JulzLovDraco4Eva, I hope you like it! It's my honor to make this request a reality, and I shall do so to the best of my ability! This one-shot will contain all the fluffiness, so reader discretion is advised. Now I'm gonna stop talking, and let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

I didn't think Ron would ever abandon us. I knew he was under a lot of stress with the search for the Horcruxes well and truly under way, but the fact that he wore the locket and told me to basically shove it was a knife to the heart from the man I loved; I hadn't told him I'd loved him, however. And since he'd left me, Harry, and Hermione alone in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, it didn't matter what I thought of him anymore.

I sat on my bunk bed in the tent alone, playing with my wand when I heard, "You gotta stop thinking about Ron, Y/N. He's no good for you, and you know it." When I looked up at who'd spoken to me, Hermione's eyes met mine and her hands were firmly on her hips like a disapproving mother chastising her daughter. She then pointed at the food I hadn't touched and said, "Eat."

"I can't, 'Mione," I countered and stared back down at my wand as it twirled between my right thumb and forefinger. I heard her growl in annoyance and I added, "I don't want to eat something that was Ron's favorite food. Harry gave me a tuna sandwich and that was Ron's favorite." (A/N: I don't know if tuna fish was actually Ron's favorite food, but for the sake of the one-shot, it shall be so! Now, on with the fluff!)

At the mention of Ron from my mouth, Hermione whipped out her wand and cast what I called the Instant Lighter spell, also known as Incendio. I smiled thankfully at her and she said, "You do know that at some point, you're going to have to let us help you. I can only do so much and we all know how bad Harry is at reading women's minds." I giggled and wiped a stray tear from my cheeks while Hermione smiled at me and wrapped a reassuring arm around my shoulder. She then asked, "Do you think you'll be alright to stand watch tonight?"

I nodded, wiped more of my tears away, and answered, "Yeah, I should be fine. If not, I'll scream like a little girl and run for cover." I always tried to make jokes when I was down to keep the mood light, but it wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. Hermione crossed her arms and cocked her eyebrows at me; she knew as well as I did that I hated scary things and wouldn't' last one day on my own in for her and Harry being by my side throughout all of this. They were two of the best friends I could ever ask for, and I'd die for them.

Speaking of Harry, he poked his head into the tent from outside and asked us , "Who's going to take over for me, girls? I have to go to the bathroom and I don't want to leave you two in here alone." I raised my hand and Harry said, "Alright, but if you need me, send up a flare."

While standing up off the bed, I nodded and stated, "Yes, sir!" I fake saluted and started marching out of the tent, parking myself on the stool Harry had been sitting in and engaging in statue mode; my back was stick straight and my wand was ready to set someone on fire. Harry and Hermione chuckled at me and I said, "I got this, Harry. You go off and clean up by the nearby lake because you smell worse than I do right now."

Harry looked at Hermione and she added, "Y/N's right, Harry. You smell vile and need to bathe now." That got him moving and by the time I'd finally settled down in the rather uncomfortable chair, Harry was gone into the darkness probably looking for the lake we'd seen on our journey out here earlier in the day. I heard Hermione sigh and ask me, "When do you think Ron will come to his senses and come back to help us out?"

I shrugged and answered, "I have no bloody clue when he will or if he will come back. And to be honest, I don't know how I'd react if he did decide to come back and help us out after the shit he told me yesterday." I felt her hand squeeze mine as the sun went down on the horizon before us.  Only she and Harry knew why I was so torn up about Ron leaving; he'd told me last night that he'd never date me and that I should go out with Crabbe or Goyle since I looked like their right woman. And when I heard those words, I slapped Ron upside the cheek and told him to go fuck himself. Well, you all know the rest of the story now, so I'll shut up about it at the risk of sounding sad or potentially crying in the process of telling it.