Cedric Diggory Catch-Up Preference

Your House at Hogwarts: Ravenclaw

Your Year When You two Start Dating: Second Year

How you Met: You and Cedric actually met by accident one day when Professor Sprout put you two together for a project on mandrakes during Herbology class. You personally didn't like mandrakes not because they weren't interesting to look at and learn about; any of your friends would tell the same story, which was you loved learning about new creatures! So, what was the big issue with mandrakes?

Two words: fucking loud!

Professor Sprout figured out during the beginning of her demonstration one fine Tuesday morning that even with the earmuffs, you heard the shrill yell of the mandrake in her hand and hated every second of it. Frowning, she put the mandrake in the pot, started flinging dirt into it, and yelled, "Diggory! Take Y/L/N outside for some fresh air, please!"

You didn't know who she was referring to mostly because you were the quiet one out of your friend group, and they were all gossiping about someone heading towards you; your eyeballs were facing the very interesting table, so you didn't see who it was that was making their way over. Five seconds later, you felt a gentle finger tap on your shoulder and heard, "Y/L/N? The mandrake's in the pot now."

Turning around as slowly as you could so as to not backhand anyone, you faced a smiling boy who was around your height, if not a few inches taller, and had ginger-colored hair. He was also pointing to the earmuffs you were still wearing and gesturing at you to take them off. You asked him, "Why're you over here and not with your House?" You didn't know how loud you were, but when you heard gasps coming from directly behind you and utter silence, you knew then that you'd shouted the last part. Your earmuffs were flung onto the floor and you squeaked, "Sorry!" before darting out of the greenhouse without a second thought.

"Hey! Slow down; you could get hurt!" someone yelled behind you and suddenly grabbed your arm, stopping you from heading toward the Black Lake. You stumbled for a fraction of a second and felt another pair of arms wrap around your waist to keep you upright; this allowed you to see that Cedric Diggory was the one holding you upright so you didn't fall on your face. He smiled at you and said, "You sure can run, I'll give you that. But the Black Lake isn't where you should be right now."

"Why? Shouldn't I be somewhere where I'm more appreciated?" I countered as I steadied myself while Cedric let me go to stand on my own feet. He was still smiling at me and I asked, "What? Is there something on my face?"

Cedric shook his head and answered, "No, there's nothing on your face, Y/N. I was just making sure you didn't fall down again and potentially hurt yourself in the process. That and you look like you need someone to talk to after what happened in Professor Sprout's class."

You'd planned a witty retort along the lines of Cedric taking his curiosity and shoving it where the sun didn't shine, but you stopped when he mentioned wanting to make sure you were alright. Not even the girls you were friends with in your own House wanted to come outside and check if you were alright; school did that to them, apparently. And yet, this total stranger had come after you to check on you, albeit because Sprout wanted him to in the beginning. You didn't answer for a few seconds and then finally got out, "I'm fine. Thank you for helping me out back there."

Cedric smiled, held out his hand to you, and said, "I'm Cedric Diggory. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'll always help you out if you need me to."

You didn't know how to react at first, since most boys in your House or any other House would run for the hills when they saw you. However, this Hufflepuff member wasn't backing down, and you watched his hand stay pointed at you as if he wanted you to shake it; your heart somehow started to race as your eyes flicked from Cedric's face to his hand and back again. It would've been rude to leave him hanging there as it was, right? And you wanted to not be rude, so you took his hand and said, "Y/N Y/L/N. Nice to meet you, Cedric Diggory." He smiled at you and you felt something in your heart make it beat ten times faster than what was normal for you. From then on, it was the start of a beautiful friendship and something more as you both got older.

When You're on Your Period: When Mother Nature comes knocking, you never tell Cedric what's going on for risk of blowing up at him in misplaced anger or crying for no real reason. Cedric himself usually reads the bodily clues you give off during this time and makes sure you have a hot bath every night before bed, the proper medications to relieve stomach pains curtesy of Madam Pomfrey, and all the chocolates you could eat. He'd also help you with your homework so you didn't almost burn it if you got angry at it. You'd smile at him thankfully when he did that and then engage in cuddles mode on whatever chair you two happened to be in in the library that night; both of your dormitory beds weren't ever used during your period, and you loved it.

How You Kiss: Strangely enough, Cedric and you rarely kissed except for when he wanted to surprise you or show another boy you were his. What did those two kisses entail, you may ask? Well, the former kiss contained you working on homework and Cedric wanted your attention on him. Therefore, he'd grab your hand gently and pull you against him, shushing any protests you'd have with his lips. For the latter situation, Cedric wouldn't really waste any time in pulling you against his body and glaring at whomever deemed it alright to want to flirt with you. You'd try to calm him down with soothing words, but that'd only spur him on and make him turn your head to his, cup your face, and crush your lips together in full view of the perpetrator. You'd wrap your arms around his neck and sigh into the kiss, not really caring who saw you guys in that moment.

How You Sleep: Cedric and you would sleep curled up in each other's arms in whatever position you'd find yourself in during the evening. You two always did homework together, so it was only natural for you two to end up sleeping together either in the same bed or a chair; it didn't matter the chair's comfort level since you'd deal with that in the morning. If you had to go to the ladies' room during the night, you'd have to extract yourself from Cedric's vice-grip around your waist and run to the bathroom as quickly as possible to do your business before he woke up and saw you were gone. This didn't happen all the time, but when it did, you made sure to use the ladies' room as often as you could so you could get maximum cuddles from your man.

Your Favorite Muggle Show to Watch Together: You two absolutely loved watching Criminal Minds together when you both aren't doing homework or at Quidditch practice. You'd been a fan of the show for years, and when you started dating Cedric, you'd force him to watch it with you even though he wasn't a fan of the violence in some storylines-ok, all of the storylines, let's be honest with ourselves. However, if you had a late night of homework and Cedric was bored, he'd find himself watching compilations of some of the characters' funny moments and laughing his butt off at them. This was usually what you'd end up finding when you were done with the piece of homework you were working on and you'd smile, sitting down with Cedric and either watching more compilations or some actual episodes because why not?

You get hurt while he's away from you: You were the queen of falling on your face at any given moment regardless of the situation. This also meant that Cedric usually made sure he was with you at all times so he could catch you and make sure you didn't hurt yourself too badly. However, one fine day during the week, you wanted to go out for a walk and Cedric was busy with his Potions homework, therefore he couldn't join you like he wanted to. You kissed his forehead, as was your custom if one of you had to still do work, and went off into the Hogwarts grounds to get some fresh air away from the musty smell of the library. No one else was out walking, so you'd think you wouldn't be able to trip and epically faceplant on the grass, right? Well, my friend, that's the wrong assumption right there. The second you took one step onto the grass and went falling to said grass before your other foot could plant itself on the ground. You'd land on your face, smacking your nose on a rock in the process, and hearing the familiar crack of bones snapping; you'd for sure broken something. And you knew then that Cedric wasn't going to be happy with you when he found out you'd broken your nose.