Dean Thomas x Reader Fluffy Request

This story was requested by the lovely everywhereyoulook, I hope you like it! And this story is pure fluffiness, so be advised! Now, imma shut up, and let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

No one thinks they're going to fall for their significant other while they're at school. However, since I went to a school for wizards and my crush was the one and only Dean Thomas, I had every right to be nervous and quite literally fall for him. It didn't help that he was my best guy friend and we were in the same house, but I get ahead of myself. Let me tell you about the time I quite literally fell into the waters of love for the aforementioned Dean Thomas.

I was walking around the perimeter of the Black Lake during my free period (the perks of being a sixth year, am I right?) when I heard someone either talking about me or bullying someone else about me almost two feet ahead of me. Who was talking, and what were they talking about? As I got closer, I saw it was two Slytherin house members picking on a kid who looked like he was from my goose, I couldn't tell. I got closer and asked, "What's the problem here, gentlemen?"

The Slytherin members stopped what they were doing and slowly turned to me; it was then that I registered they were bullying Colin Creevy of my house, which happened to be a member of Gryffindor. Slytherin One sneered, "Well look who it is, Zabini? It's the useless witch L/N who can't even get a spell right!"

Zabini snickered and said, "And of course she's going to try and help the little lion cub! Who know? They may even get married!"

I asked Colin while completely disregarding Draco Malfoy's henchmen, "Did they hit you?" When he shook his head, I smiled and gestured to the castle, which got him moving faster than ever. When he was gone, I turned to the lackeys and asked, "Did Malfoy put you up to that?"

Goyle shook his head and answered, "If he did, he'd be with us right now. But we don't have to tell you anything."

I sighed and said, "Then you two are just as stupid as I thought. Even you two can't go around bullying people without a mission."

Zabini glared at me and said, "Malfoy did tell us to do this if we saw you!" And before I could yank out my wand, I was in the lake. I popped out of the water and saw Zabini and Goyle laughing their asses off while some of my housemates stared at me with concern painted in their eyeballs; my eyes met Dean's as he stood there with a towel at the ready. Zabini said through his second round of laughter, "Hope you don't use your magic to dry off, Useless L/N!"

As he and Goyle sauntered away, I slowly climbed out of the lake and heard, "Are you alright, Y/N? Colin said Zabini and Goyle were causing you trouble." I looked up at who was talking to me and saw Dean smiling slightly as he held up a fresh towel for me to dry off; my cheeks were bright red as I slowly got out and he wrapped the towel around my shaking body. Dean smiled and said, "I saw Colin running into the castle, so I asked him what was wrong. I didn't want to come down here without some way to help you when I knew you were in the lake, hence the towel."

I smiled, wrapped myself in the towel, and said, "Thank you, Dean. I appreciate it, and I'd also appreciate if I didn't have an audience." He cocked an eyebrow and I stated, "The majority of our house is staring at us, particularly Harry, Ron, and Hermione." The aforementioned Golden Trio, along with our housemates, ran back to the castle and I giggled while saying, "That went smoother than I thought."

I heard Dean chuckle and he said, "That's what they get for messing with my girlfriend!" At the mention of me being Dean's girlfriend, I stopped breathing and stared at him for a few moments while he registered what he'd said. He seemed to register what he said after a few moments and rubbed the back of his neck while saying, "Well, this is awkward."

I blushed and didn't speak as we started walking toward the castle, a silent ease falling over us as we walked. When we got outside the main entrance, I stopped walking and asked Dean's back, "Did you mean what you said at the lake?" He slowly turned to me and I asked again, "Am I your girlfriend?"

Dean headed my way and grabbed my towel-covered hand in one of his free ones while he used the other one to cup my hand. When I finally met his chocolate orbs, he stated, "Yes, though I didn't want to tell you that way, I did mean it." He then inhaled and said, "I love you, Y/N, and I want to see where this love can go. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

I blushed the color of Gryffindor yet again and answered, "Well, I guess you beat me to the punch, Dean. Because I was about to ask you if you'd be my boyfriend when I saw you at dinner tonight." Dean chuckled and I giggled before regaining my composure and said, "But to answer your question, yes, Dean Thomas. I'll be your girlfriend." Dean beamed and cupped my cheeks properly before placing our lips together in a love-filled kiss; I could hear the Hallelujah chorus sounding in my head as our tongues and lips melded together perfectly and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Maybe Zabini and Goyle did something right after all. I mean, I got the man of my dreams out of falling into the Black Lake, so I'm taking that as a win. And I know we will love each other for the rest of our lives.