Harry Potter x Male Platonic Reader Oneshot

This story was requested by my brain to make happen! I hope you like it and there will be more stories coming to your faces hopefully very soon! :)

M/N's POV

One never usually wonders how one fits into the world at such a young age. Granted, when your parents are dead and you live with your estranged aunt and uncle, your place isn't questioned too much, is it? I know how that feels because I have to live with a family I didn't think I was apart it for the longest time. This is also the time in my life where I met one of my best friends, so I'll take it over homelessness any day. My name is M/N M/L/N, and this is the story of how I met the boy who lived and befriended him instead of my nasty cousin, Draco Malfoy.

I sighed and woke up in my massive four-posted bed in Malfoy Manor to screaming in the floor below me and what sounded like a trunk slamming shut; someone was moving out of the house, and I wanted to join them. Slowly sitting up, I groaned, "Who woke me up at this hour of night without thinking about what I wanted again?"

The door slammed open and Draco's small voice yelled, "Get up, M/N! We're going to Hogwarts today!" I didn't do what Draco said mostly because I was waking up and he knew I hated mornings more than life itself. That and I really didn't want to be around someone that peppy to go to school who normally skulks around the place and ignores me. I didn't hear him run into the room until he body slammed onto me and whined, "Come on! Father wants you packed now!"

"If you'd look at the foot of my bed, dear cousin, you'll see that I've been packed for ages already. And you weigh a lot, so could you please get off of me?" Draco didn't actually weigh a lot since we were both the same age, but I didn't want him laying on me with his full weight, so he had to get off of me if I had anything to say about it. That got him off of my lap and I asked him,"When do we leave for the train station?"

Draco didn't answer right away and I had a feeling I had either broken him or upset him; I had no clue how I'd done that, but that was my theory anyway. What I did not expect was Draco's mother, my aunt, to come into the room and say, "Come on, M/N. We're already late for King's Cross and we need to go now if we are going to make it!" She grabbed Draco's arm and yanked him bodily out of the room just as I stepped out of my bed and started getting dressed in my travel clothes and Hogwarts robes.

It didn't take me long to get dressed since I had laid out all my clothes the night before, so by the time I was done getting dressed, Draco was already downstairs and bouncing off the walls with excitement about going to Hogwarts and becoming a wizard. I couldn't stop the smiles as I asked, "Did you have sugar before we left? Because if you did, you're going to crash later."

He stuck his tongue out at me just as his father, Uncle Lucius, smacked him with his cane and sneered, "Enough, Draco! It's lucky that I'm letting you take the train for your cousin's sake because we should already be at the castle by now! You both know how much I despise the Hogwarts Express, and I went there, so you know I'm serious." I felt my uncle's cold eyes staring daggers at me and I shrunk away from them, not wanting to anger him anymore than he already was while also making sure I had everything for the train ride to the school. True, I had no clue what to expect from said train ride, but I did know that as long as I got to spend time away from my scary uncle and learn, I was a happy kid.

LE TIMESKIP TO THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS BECAUSE REASONS!

Surprisingly, the travel to the train went surprisingly well despite me almost getting a massive concussion from the platform where I was supposed to go, but that's besides the point because I finally was able to get onto the Hogwarts Express for my first year of Hogwarts School! My heart soared at the idea of not being in stuffy Malfoy Manor and as I sat alone in a train car, I stared outside at the passing trees and muttered, "This is going to be a great first year. I'm certain of it."

"I think so too!" a voice perked up from outside the train car and I had to resist the squeal that came out of my mouth; I didn't like being scared. When I whipped my head to the voice, I saw a boy about my age with round glasses, clothes way too big for him, and jet-black hair smiling at me with no compunction for the fact that I probably looked like I wanted to hit him. He kept smiling at me as he asked, "Is there anyone else sitting with you here?"

That question strangely caught me off-guard because I knew I looked like I wanted to hit him since he'd scared me and I've mentioned before that I didn't like getting scared. But Strange Boy didn't care that I looked like I wanted to hit him and wanted to sit with me for the very long train ride. What was it about him that made him think I was alright? I mean, I wasn't actually going to hit him, so maybe he could sense that. But the fact that he openly asked me if he could sit with me did tell me he wanted to potentially be my friend, which I liked. So, to be kind and potentially not scare him off, I shook my head and answered, "No, you can have the seat if you want."

Strange Boy beamed and parked his butt in the seat directly across from me in the far corner by the window, saying, "Thanks a bunch. I couldn't find a seat in any of the earlier train cars and I didn't want to have to talk to very many people on this train ride while I'm still learning how to be a wizard." I cocked my eyebrow at him and he chuckled while elaborating, "I lived with normal people until now, so I don't know what any of this stuff is about and I want to learn as much as possible."

"Ah, that makes sense. We don't normally go around Muggles very often, so I usually stay to myself when we're out and about," I added and the boy stared at me when I finished speaking. Had he really not known what he was all this time? If he doesn't know what a Muggle is, then apparently so! I asked him gently, "Is this your first time dealing with the world of witches and wizards?"

Strange Boy nodded and replied, "Yeah, it is. And I'm probably not being much help since I don't know what to do except stare at people in awe when they meet me." I studied him and he said, "It's because of my scar, according to Hagrid."

At the mention of a scar, I balked and realized who I was talking to; it was Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived sitting right across from me! And he looked happy to be talking to someone normal,w which made me smile since I wanted to make a friend that wasn't my cousin and his lackeys. But what I didn't know then was how to ask him about seeing his scar since it was a morbid fascination of mine at the time. Our eyes stayed locked and I asked after a bit, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you Harry Potter?" When Strange B-Harry Potter-nodded, I asked again, "And I don't mean to be rude, but can I see your scar?"

Harry nodded, smiled sheepishly, and moved his hair out of the way while saying, "Sure, you can. Usually people don't ask me nicely to see my scar, so I appreciate you doing that." I blushed despite myself and marveled at his scar a bit when it was revealed to the world. I silently gestured to him that he could put his hair down, and he did so while asking, "What's your name?"

"M/N M/L/N," I answered and stuck my hand out for him to shake, which he did with surprising ease and we kept smiling at each other. When our hands let go, I asked him, "Want to be friends? I can help you figure out the wizarding world if you want." Harry's eyes lit up even more, if that was possible, and he nodded his head fast enough that I got whiplash. I giggled at how happy he was and knew then that this was the start of an amazing friendship I will cherish for generations to come.